Redhawk Caldera she sees them walking in a straight line, that's not really her style
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Magpie seemed exasperated, though before Peregrine could possibly think about getting agitated further about her belligerence, he sensed that something was amiss with the yearling. He looked to Osprey, who explained what had happened. Oh, great! he thought, glancing back at Fox's sister with a frown on his face.

"While your dedication is... noted, there's absolutely no need to be so reckless. Getting yourself hurt won't impress me," Peregrine said to Magpie, disapproval in his voice, albeit no particular malice. "You won't be much good to anybody if you're an invalid," he pointed out to her, then shook his head and sighed. If the glazed look in her eye was anything to go by, she wasn't absorbing any of this. Why waste his breath?

"Thanks for helping her, Oss. I do owe you. Would you like to take some of this goat back with you...? Better yet, you're welcome to stay here. Hey, Fox is going to pop any day now; you could be here for the birth!" he realized, excitement in his voice. "No obligation, of course," he forced himself to add.

His jade gaze shifted to Magpie again. He couldn't do much to help her, not without a Healer in their ranks. They would just have to hope that she recovered from her injuries on her own and didn't walk away with any permanent damage. Peregrine didn't know what he'd do in that case. Whatever his personal feelings, he wished no harm upon Magpie. However, he was not prepared for her to become a burden upon the caldera either...

"We'd both better hope you come out of this with all your faculties intact," he mumbled under his breath, moving to Magpie's side. "Lean on me if you need to. We're going to find your den. Can you tell me where it is?" Over the yearling's shoulder, he made eye contact with Osprey, wondering if she would accompany them or take her leave. He hoped she would tag along—he'd hate for her to go so soon—but he'd truly meant it when he'd said there were no obligations. She'd already done enough for them.
Messages In This Thread
RE: she sees them walking in a straight line, that's not really her style - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 21, 2015, 03:52 PM