Redhawk Caldera she sees them walking in a straight line, that's not really her style
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"I think so," he replied in regards to Fox's family. "There's a lot of bird names in their family too, if you hadn't already noticed. It's traditional for them to name their kids after what they look like. Like how this one popped out looking just like a magpie. How serendipitous!" He motioned at the yearling again, aware that he was talking about her like she couldn't hear and not giving a damn.

Osprey seemed interested in the gossip and the swarthy Alpha shrugged. "It mostly boils down to Fox's sisters. This one and her other, Dove. It's nothing interesting or really worth my time, though. But, oh, hey... you know Finley, right? Well, she and Elwood—a good friend of mine and our Beta male—have fallen in love, so that's fun. We've asked them to be godparents. Maybe the Firebirds will have cousins one day too."

By now, they'd reached the foot of the caldera. After coaxing a few vague directions out of Magpie, he was able to locate her den and deliver here there. He should have stuck around a bit, made sure she was truly okay, but as soon as they dropped her off, he began to lead Osprey away. He wound up a gradual footpath along the mountainside, heading toward a small overhang that would serve his sister well as far as shelter went.

"I actually didn't mind Dove personally until the other day, when I caught her and Magpie shit-talking me. Magpie had the decency to act ashamed of herself but Dove was being a fucking punk. She needs to be shown her place," Peregrine revealed despite what he'd said earlier about none of it being interesting enough to share. "If it were up to me, I'd throw her out on her ass. But Fox is really close to both sisters, hence why they're still here. I can't blame her, I guess. Even if you were fucking up all over the place, I'd probably keep welcoming you back," he quipped with a crooked smile. Talking to Osprey about this did lend him some perspective...
Messages In This Thread
RE: she sees them walking in a straight line, that's not really her style - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 22, 2015, 03:39 PM