The Sunspire Falling Away
<a href=http://i.imgur.com/xnt7zBE.png>Reference</a>
421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

She held to her patience, waiting for the clarifying moment when his intentions would come to light. It was odd, certainly, for one with purpose to take interest in a wander- at least to the extent of following them to a mountain. But it was this persistence, this quiet conviction that attracted her all the more and bid that she heed him. Eyes of gold and umber remained fast to the paws watching as the tips of dirtied fur curled and bent by the will of a mountain breeze. Then her own as she exhaled, and drank in his scent again.

This mention of ‘Lham’, an acquaintance perhaps, served to bend her ear but little more than that. She hadn’t a face to recall nor voice to retain, simply a name not her own that carried significance to this demon. But it was not that which lifted her gaze and turned her head, pulling her expression from indifference to a gradually brightening interest. His desire- to preserve her innocence? Or was it simply the way she perceived him? Neither monster to saint, but one she found a strange comfort beside, and in turn found peace. Was that what he was fond of in her? His declaration would draw the warmth from her belly and find a rapid course to rise to her cheeks.

She raised her muzzle with black flesh quivering hesitantly, inching and seeking to grace the aged scruff just beneath his chin. A volunteered gesture of respect if nothing more. “I like you as well,” she whispered openly, plainly lest the renewed vigor of her heart draw the alto an octave higher. She had grown fond of his company, and cherished however brief their encounters. To know that upon the waking day she needn’t look for him, but know his presence could be found with ease… she could smile even on the dreariest day. Yet such joy was not without its condition. “My compliance-“ she paused to breathed inhale deeply then start again. “I will follow you, if I have your word for this-“ whether her prior touch was accepted or not, she offered another of cold nose against his cheek to hold his attention to her words. “-I will not fall to isolation. That burden shall be lifted from me by whatever means you deem fit. You will offer to me purpose beyond scouring the wilds or breeding for a worthless line. And you will see to it that I needn’t endure the shame of seclusion ever again from neither clansmen… nor you, Raheerah. Your word on this, and I will not walk away from your sight unless you seek to dismiss me…”

Messages In This Thread
Falling Away - by Xi'nuata - January 29, 2014, 07:03 PM
RE: Falling Away - by Raheerah - January 30, 2014, 10:35 PM
RE: Falling Away - by Xi'nuata - January 31, 2014, 12:02 AM
RE: Falling Away - by Raheerah - January 31, 2014, 12:19 AM
RE: Falling Away - by Xi'nuata - January 31, 2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Falling Away - by Raheerah - January 31, 2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Falling Away - by Xi'nuata - January 31, 2014, 01:10 AM
RE: Falling Away - by Raheerah - January 31, 2014, 01:22 AM
RE: Falling Away - by Xi'nuata - January 31, 2014, 01:47 AM
RE: Falling Away - by Raheerah - January 31, 2014, 02:38 AM
RE: Falling Away - by Xi'nuata - January 31, 2014, 08:48 AM