Blacktail Deer Plateau I walk and talk like a machine
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
While his mate seemed concerned for him, she also asserted that she would not give up her trade. Koda's heart sank. They both wanted something totally different, how could they come to an agreement that would make them both happy?

"I'm afraid someone will take you from me," he explained. "Someone will kill you, or someone will capture you," there were lots of terrible scenarios running around in Koda's head, but one fear stood out, perhaps because it seemed mostly likely to actually happen. "Or maybe you'll just meet someone you like better."

He wanted to tell her to give up outriding and do something safer and more constructive, like counseling. Kesuk cared about everyone, she'd be wonderful in such a role. But more importantly, she'd be by Koda's side always, where he could protect her and provide for her like a good man should.

But before he opened his mouth, he reflected on his conversation with Osprey. His talk with her had helped him realize something important, that Kesuk would never be happy if he forced his traditional views on her. And he wanted his mate to be happy, more than anything.

"I won't ask you to give up being an outrider," he told her. "But maybe sometime I could come along with you?" He asked, remembering Osprey's suggestion. It wasn't exactly what he wanted, and he wasn't sure how she'd feel about it, but at least it was a compromise.

"And if anyone so much as looks at you, I get to kick their ass," he added with a smirk.
Messages In This Thread
I walk and talk like a machine - by Kesuk - February 06, 2015, 11:20 PM
RE: I walk and talk like a machine - by Koda - February 13, 2015, 01:08 PM
RE: I walk and talk like a machine - by Kesuk - February 15, 2015, 12:20 PM
RE: I walk and talk like a machine - by Koda - February 17, 2015, 04:58 PM
RE: I walk and talk like a machine - by Kesuk - February 18, 2015, 12:40 PM
RE: I walk and talk like a machine - by Koda - February 19, 2015, 04:45 PM
RE: I walk and talk like a machine - by Kesuk - February 19, 2015, 06:20 PM
RE: I walk and talk like a machine - by Koda - February 22, 2015, 07:51 PM
RE: I walk and talk like a machine - by Kesuk - February 22, 2015, 08:36 PM
RE: I walk and talk like a machine - by Koda - February 24, 2015, 05:57 PM
RE: I walk and talk like a machine - by Kesuk - February 26, 2015, 08:20 PM