Redhawk Caldera Listen as the wind blows from across the great divide [m]
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine didn't understand what Elwood meant right away, then something clicked in his head and he nodded. He smiled a bit ruefully. "It's hard not to feel protective of them, even against your closest family and friends. But we know we can trust Fin," he said. "You too," he added, hoping the Beta hadn't felt slighted by not being summoned alongside his paramour. Fox had reached out to her closest and most trusted friend in her moment of need.

"It kind of bothers me that he died without a name," Peregrine blurted the next moment, shifting almost uncomfortably. Fox had already been through enough and he hesitated to tell her this, lest she feel guilty. "Especially now, I really want to go ahead and give our youngest a proper name. But I don't want to make Fox feel bad or like that's the reason he died. I know it's not. I just... I don't know. I feel weirdly disconnected and I think it's because without a name, it was like he had no identity. Maybe that's a good thing—I honestly don't even feel too horribly sad about it—but it feels wrong. I feel like a bad father," he admitted, looking at his toes.

He took a breath, then lifted his gaze to Elwood's face. "Sorry for unloading all of that on you, man. I'm just still trying to process the whole thing. He was my son but I feel like I barely had a chance to know him. It's hard to describe where my head and heart are right now."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Listen as the wind blows from across the great divide - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 02, 2015, 04:07 PM