Give me that summer coat!
It'll be a hoot!
35 Posts
Ooc —
Being an owl, Keyx could not understand a wolf's howl. He knew it was a way to track their location, but could never understand the meanings that they held behind them. What he could do, though, was use his finely tuned ears to pick up on the base voice of the howl. He quickly discovered it was his friend, the albino wolf who had agreed to let him have her winter coat when she started to shed. He wondered if it was now time to do that. Lucky for the both of them, the young barn owl had finally settled down in a place, but found that he also made himself at home in other tree hollows throughout the Wilds. It was a good thing, too, as he never knew where he would be when it was time for him to settle and sleep. It was best to be prepared, as he'd always been taught.

Keyx had been resting inside his hollow in the wetlands when he'd picked up on Scarlett's voice, but had left immediately after. Thanks to his facial ruff, that all barn owls had, he was able to pinpoint where the howl had sounded from with his hearing alone. It made finding her much easier, as did the second howl that sliced through the air. The echo had tried to throw him off, but being the top notch (as he called himself) Navigator that he was, it's attempts were unsuccessful. The boy's dark wings carried him towards his friend quickly and silently, and a smile lit up his eyes when he flew over head and saw her. He turned after that and came in for a landing, touching the ground in front of the pale woman. He turned right around to look at her, excitement clear as the day all over his face. “Hello, Scarlett!” Keyx greeted, beyond happy to see his friend again. “It feels as if it's been ages! Have you called me to preen you?” The owl tried to pull off the best grin he could at that, a bit energized than when they'd last met.
Messages In This Thread
Give me that summer coat! - by Scarlett - March 11, 2015, 04:22 AM
RE: Give me that summer coat! - by Keyx - March 13, 2015, 10:05 AM
RE: Give me that summer coat! - by Scarlett - March 13, 2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Give me that summer coat! - by Keyx - March 16, 2015, 08:31 AM
RE: Give me that summer coat! - by Scarlett - March 16, 2015, 02:16 PM