Jade Fern Grove everywhere i look i see green scenic sublime.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
I hope you don't mind the PP, papa! Open for anyone if @Scimitar doesn't have time :)

In truth, Whittier could not have cared less where their little family settled by the end of their journey. He had been so exhausted, they could have curled up in a desert for all he'd cared. As long as there was a surface he could sleep on, a creek he could drink from, and his mom there to feed him, it was home enough for him.

As it turned out, though his standards had been low, the reward was actually quite pleasing to the little pudgster. He liked the bright green of the ferns and the coolness of the damp air. He liked how protected the whole place seemed. It actually reminded him of one big den, and though he had not been too eager to explore his first home, he was far more willing here at his second.

Likely to his father's surprise, Whittier that day had been the first to hop up and volunteer to accompany the patriarch on a trip around the borders to mark their new territory. Toddling ahead, the hefty three-month-old squatted happily every few yards to set free another stream of pee that apparently let the whole world know that this place was his. With each squat, he turned a happy gaze backwards at Scimitar to search for his father's approving smile.
Messages In This Thread
everywhere i look i see green scenic sublime. - by Whittier - August 16, 2015, 07:02 PM