burn through me like a fire
53 Posts
Ooc — hel

Doubt in faith, in the belief that Atka would never steer him in the wrong direction, was never an option for Kerberos. He was a devoted follower of the Light, had given himself to her wholly ever since the day he had seen her rise from the sea foam in Shearwater Bay so many years ago. Though it was not doubt that caused him to think that he wondered when she would allow him to settle down. He had been a Wanderer for a while now, had been called from Bon Dye by Atka, beckoned to depart what Jinx, Lecter and himself had built there. Jinx’s belief in his abilities as her second in command had been the greatest thing to happen to Kerberos and yet, he had been required to leave it. Kerberos had always been a homebody, had never truly wanted to leave Shearwater Bay, did not want to leave Silaytok behind, for there had been a brief hope in Kerberos when he had found out that he wasn’t actually related to her (though finding out he was directly related to Lecter he could have done without knowing for life). He was not a wanderer by nature, liked knowing that he had roots somewhere.

Yet again, Atka guided him back to the Teekon Wilds.

Without question Kerberos did as the Mother Of Light required of him, clutching his precious pearl wrapped in the seaweed he had trained himself not to consume. This time, she brought him to Horizon Ridge, of course Kerberos had noticed why after he had found himself a den and tucked his pearl away into a darkened corner where it would be safe in it’s seaweed wrap. This pack was located on a beach and stretching before him, as infinite as Atka herself was the ocean. It’s gentle roaring accompanying with each lap of ice cold salt water against his long legs was like being home back on Shearwater Bay all over again. Where the sea was, Kerberos felt home. Until Nutaaq had explained the truth of his birth he had never really understood his deeply rooted connection with Sea, of course when he found out he was the spawn of the Siren Queen all the puzzle pieces had fallen into place. Fur colored of dried and wet sand - except for the cream of his throat and underside (the color of Lecter’s fur beneath the blood stains) was frosted with dried salt water, bits of seaweed tangled in the coarse tendrils of fur. Kerberos refused to bathe in anything but sea water because the smell of it was comforting to him.

The beach had drawn him to it that morning, though he contributed to the pack by filling the caches when he hunted, and patrolling the borders, but his time, when he wasn’t helping with pack duties, was spent in the company of his beloved Sea and Atka.

Messages In This Thread
burn through me like a fire - by Kerberos - February 04, 2014, 08:38 AM
RE: burn through me like a fire - by Akhlut - February 08, 2014, 09:04 PM
RE: burn through me like a fire - by Kerberos - February 12, 2014, 07:44 AM
RE: burn through me like a fire - by Akhlut - March 20, 2014, 06:00 PM