Neverwinter Forest geeeet dunked on!
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Edit; Hey @Leo, wanna wrap this up soon?

The confusion her words were met with was understandable, as well as expected. He was young still, incapable of knowing that there were more ways to show strength than with muscles alone. While she could never quite wrap her head around why majority thought in such a manner, belittling them was out of the question. It was due to a stroke of pure luck that she’d been born where she had, that her family and fellow tribe members valued knowledge above most things. It had allowed for her to grow up with a certain perspective on the world around her, as well as understand that nothing was ever as it might appear. Whether it be words or a concept of what something “should” be, it was all open to be changed and mixed around, as well as tossed away entirely. They did not live in a world of black and white, nor one that could be accurately represented by a two-sided coin. Everything was never ending, every word and motive possessing more than what was presented upfront. Asterr understood this and lived by it, thus allowing her to see the boy for more than what he believed himself to be.

“You do not need brute strength in order to be strong,” the girl crooned, her tone slipping into a fine representation of wisdom far beyond her years. It was something she didn’t notice had happened, as was usually the case whenever she delved into the teachings of her homeland. “Your mind is what gives you strength, Leo. Your determination and will to live, as well. When we first met, you could have allowed yourself to be carried away by death, but you did not.” The memory of that day made her chest tighten with empathy towards the small boy, as well as pride in relation to the young lion before her now. It was clear he had a while longer to go before he was fully healed, physically, but the progress he’d already made was undeniable. At times, she couldn’t believe how well he was faring, though she was happy things had turned out the way they had. “You possess the soul of a true warrior, and I do not doubt that your material self will someday reflect that which is within you.” Someday, perhaps even sooner than she anticipated, he would be an exceptional young man in every way he might desire. That was something the young dragon could assist with, all the while being pleased to do so.

While everything she had said was true, her mind lingered on his earlier statement. He could not protect himself, that had been made clear the day she’d found him, and that was also something she felt obligated to alter. “When you are feeling better, and have grown a bit more, I will teach you how to defend yourself,” Asterr stated, needing not a second longer to think about what words were leaving her maw. “I am not a skilled warrior and will not lie about being one, but my father had made sure to teach my siblings and me how to keep ourselves safe. For you, I will do the same thing, so that you may never have to fear for your life again.” Playing the role of the defender was not as easy as one might think, for it required a great deal of patience and work in order to be labeled a success. The title of an expert did not rest atop her shoulders, but for the time being, she believed the basics would suit him well enough.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
geeeet dunked on! - by RIP Leo - November 14, 2015, 03:30 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by Asterr - November 14, 2015, 08:46 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by RIP Leo - November 16, 2015, 10:39 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by Asterr - November 18, 2015, 11:47 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by RIP Leo - November 24, 2015, 07:39 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by Asterr - November 26, 2015, 12:33 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by RIP Leo - December 05, 2015, 08:18 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by Asterr - December 06, 2015, 04:59 AM