Phoenix Maplewood If I sit still, maybe I'll get out of here
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
All Welcome 
Figured we should have an updated thread! For @Saena if you have the time!

It had not been one of Reek's more clever ideas. In fact, it quite possibly could have been one of his worst. Pooly planned and even more poorly executed, Reek had made note of a low hanging bee hive on the far reaches of the maplewood, hanging just within reach. He put little thought into gathering it, other than the fact that there was probably honey in there, ripe for the taking. With Shreya's advice on keeping Saena well fed hanging in the back of Reek's head, he was dead set on bringing her back a special treat today.

Without a proper plan, Reek planted his forepaws on the bark of the maple tree that housed this busy hive of bees. He crained his neck, a fast buzzing filling his ears, and slowly grasped the papery crux of where the bee hive tethered itself to a low hanging branch. Reek's eyes went wide with jittery fear as he gently pulled the hive free. Once disengaged from its treebound tether however, Reek had no idea what to do with it. Precariously perched on his hind legs with neck outstretched, Reek sat perfectly still with a quckly agitating hive pressed between his lips.

It was then that he felt the first sting against the side of his face.

Like a sharp pin-prick, Reek winced with pain and inadvertantly dropped the hive. It landed on the ground with a dry thud, cracking in multiple places. Bees poured out from all sides, swarming Reek from all directions. Instinct took over and Reek sprinted away as fast as he could, but the damage had already been done. He received numerous stings to the face, his flank, his backside... everywhere.

Feeling his eyes begin to swell shut, Reek collapsed in a heap from exhaustion by his den. Once there, he shouted for his mate. "Thaeeeeeeeenaa!" he called, voice muffled by a rapidly swelling mouth.
Messages In This Thread
If I sit still, maybe I'll get out of here - by Reek - March 08, 2016, 09:17 AM