Sunset Valley I've always been distant and I've always told lies for love
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Of course, Reek didn't need to wait long to receive an answer to his question concerning Charley's whereabouts. It was always safe to assume he was close by. The twins were inseparable -- nearly attached at the hip. Without further adieu, there he was, barreling into frame with teeth barred and lips pulled back in a nasty snarl. Reek responded in the most natural way; fight of flight. His subconscious response caused his hackles to lift as he took a defensive posture and bid his lips to pull back, revealing a snarl of his own.

Like Emory before him, Reek was sure Charley didn't recognize him (it must have been the half-torn ear, Reek figured). For a moment Reek and Charley stared each other down in a display of dominance before Emory swooped in to calm Charley down. Reek let his body go slack, and as soon as their Mexican standoff had come to an end, a smile briefed Reek's lips.

Taking a step forward, Reek buried his face in Charley's scruff in what would have been a wolfish hug (if Reek had arms). "Holy shit," he muttered, still in disbelief. "It's so good to see both of you." Pulling his face away, Reek took a staggering step backwards and looked upon the twins with a wide smile. His own heartbreak and loss, briefly forgotten with the return of old friends.

He turned his gaze to Emory. "Yeah. My pack," he said. "I lead mid-sized band of wolves that live in the grotto south of here. I'm actually out looking for my co-alpha— but... If you guys need a place to stay, I can take you guys back and do this later."
Messages In This Thread
RE: I've always been distant and I've always told lies for love - by Reek - April 25, 2016, 12:13 PM