Sunset Valley I've always been distant and I've always told lies for love
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
At one point, just over a year ago, Reek was practically in the same position as he was now. He stood in front of Emory, eyes wide and hopeful, and he asked her join him on his march the coast. He had pleaded: We can make a new life there. You and me, maybe Charley too. We don't have to do this anymore. The desire to go straight and live a normal life had slowly built until it finally boiled over. He was left with two options: they could follow, or he could leave. Her answer was no -- unable to give up the life of lies they shared, Emory had left Reek to depart alone with his heart in pieces.

The anticipatory feeling the welled presently in Reek's gut was all too familiar. It harkened back to their day of departure. Despite having not seen either twin for over a year, Reek desperately hoped they wouldn't reject his offer as they had before. But this time, something was different. This time, there was a gleam in her eye -- a wag of her tail. Her body language pointed to acceptance. When she finally answered for both of them, Reek breathed a sigh of relief. Yes. The answer he had hoped for long ago, but had now finally received.

A rare smile crossed Reek's lips. "Well, let's go then!" he said, turning in the direction of the grotto to lead them forward. Having old friends around would be the first step (he thought) to putting his life back on the rails, and hopefully, to move past this sullen haze that had followed him since his ejection from the maplewood, and most recently, Tavi's departure and disappearance.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I've always been distant and I've always told lies for love - by Reek - April 26, 2016, 08:33 AM