The Sentinels You gave me nothing, now it's all I got
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
throwing this in, lemme know if you mind!

When he returned empty handed that evening, he did not immediately sense that something had changed.  He was too disappointed by the rotten luck of the afternoon.

It was only when he neared the den and heard/scented the signs that he stopped stock still, sharply pulling in a breath as he did so.  It had happened?  So soon?  Wait.... Or was this right!?

His stomach dropped anxiously as he listened, though he heard nothing but peaceful breathing and whimpers from the darkness.  Holy shit.  He was a dad.

Unable to completely process what he was feeling at the moment, he lay down nearby, trying to still his racing heart and fighting the urge to enter.  It wasn't time yet.  He wanted to see them, yes, but he knew doing so now would likely startle his mate and disturb them.  Instead he would remain right where he was, watching the surrounding area and listening with an amazed and delighted joy to the occasional tiny sounds emanating.  The fear and worry would come later.  For now, there was no room for anything but this.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
Messages In This Thread
You gave me nothing, now it's all I got - by Osprey - May 11, 2016, 01:30 PM
RE: You gave me nothing, now it's all I got - by Dante RIP - May 13, 2016, 04:08 PM