Dragoncrest Cliffs if i tell my bones they're a cage
this is your altar of dust
10 Posts
Ooc — torvi
[table width=85%][tr][td]
She did not speak, and for this Ravus was grateful. Avoiding conversation eradicated his ineptness at social interaction. Though he was not overly opposed to one sided conversations he found that others tended to take offense to his pensive silence, or single syllable responses. Often times he ended up with an insulted companion when he was “working” (typically hunting or patrolling) and he responded to conversation as he might respond to a cactus needle sticking him in the ass: with unbidden annoyance with an ill-tempered — and sometimes hostile disposition. Though more effort could have likely been extended to trying to accommodate others this was not the way that Ravus had been raised. When he was focusing on a hunt or patrol he was to remain focused and conversation detracted from that. It was a distraction that he had been taught to spurn. Luckily, she was not interrupting the commander of the hunt on duty but for the sake of not being unintentionally cold towards her he was glad that she did not speak, henceforth eliminating the obligation for him to respond in kind (or rather, unkind(ly) as he'd been told he was many times over).

Much more interestingly, she drew nearer to him. She did not move as if she meant him harm, and offered him the courtesy of deciding what was too close for his liking or not. Slowly, his ears slicked back to rest atop his skull at half mast, his gaze curious as he allowed her to draw closer still. His tail brushed against his haunches once as he gave it an bemused flick. As he allowed her to close more and more of the distance previously between them he noted with a spark of fascination that her eyes were not the same color. One was silver and the other a soft gold. Despite that she had all but asked permission that he had silently granted her touch came unexpected. For a moment, on sheer, instinctual habit alone Ravus tensed, the muscles of his body pulling taunt beneath his coarse winter fur. Yet, he did not recoil or snap at her. Instead, he stood stalwart and at attention like a soldier ready to be inspected by his superior officer. Silently giving her permission (though for what he wasn't overly sure) whilst maybe trying to show off. Just a little.
[/td][/tr][/table]
the pulse of your mouth needed to ache
each night you tear apart a name
calling yourself everything but the light
Messages In This Thread
if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Ravus - December 11, 2016, 12:00 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Pipit - December 11, 2016, 06:04 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Ravus - December 11, 2016, 07:19 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Pipit - December 11, 2016, 08:47 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Ravus - December 12, 2016, 03:58 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Pipit - December 13, 2016, 07:09 PM
RE: if i tell my bones they're a cage - by Ravus - December 13, 2016, 07:44 PM