Ravensblood Forest In the combat between wisdom and feeling, wisdom never wins.
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo can promise nothing, does not idle words of comfort when the truth is that he has no idea what has become of the stranger’s lady friend. Regardless, he is not so grim that he would not offer some sliver of reassurance. It is about all the coywolf can offer: tentative reassurance. “Leaving is inevtible,” Ceannasach speaks to the stranger as he states that he must be thinking of leaving. The thinking is done. He has no time to idle and not necessarily because of the Blackfeather wolves. He has no time to idle because Lotte is due to give birth soon and every day later they made to execute the move is another day he potentially is the death of his children. He hopes that they will be safe within her womb. He hopes but he does not know; but the gangster will not allow them to come into a world where he has no control. He has been too soft, too kind. He has allowed this mess to happen with blinders over his eyes and his iron fist had slacked. Now it would tighten: it would tighten like a fist around a throat with the intent of suffocation. It was clear he could not balance leader and friend so he would be the Ceannasach first, now. Friendship got him a dagger in the back.

Arturo’s suspicion flares and his red-orange gaze blazes as it takes in the stranger when he puts out his offer. “If you help it will be as apart of Teaghlaigh,” That is the only way Arturo will let anyone aid, otherwise the risk was too high. How was he to know this stranger wasn’t a spy for Blackfeather? The paranoia he feels deeply unsettles Ceannasach, reminds him too much of Riptide and a metallic taste fills his mouth as he draws his tongue across the backs of his teeth. “but it will be as Comhlach. They are considered outside of The Family until they earn their place among our official ranks. They are kept in the dark of Family Business as much as possible,” Obvious situation notwithstanding. It wasn’t as if Arturo could hide the move from them. “In Teaghlaigh, we only have two rules: The Ceannasach’s Word is Law and The Family before Everything Else.” Simple rules that apparently not everyone is capable of grasping. It didn’t matter. He was done giving chances. He was a man pushed off the edge, forced to be as cruel as his reputation had once painted him as.

“If you can follow them and pledge yourself to Teaghlaigh, you are welcome. If not, I suggest you be on your way.” The choice is up to the stranger. The offer is kind but Arturo is not in the business of taking help from strangers and he no longer trusts kind.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean