Stavanger Bay i've been trying to fix my pride
\\ || //
151 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Komodo had awoken alone, and that displeased him.

At his worst, the medicine man was materialistic — but at his best, this quality transposed itself into a curious sense of devoutness. Komodo liked things, his things, and he liked to collect his trinkets. It was part of the reason the shaman had dedicated his time and endless frustrations to drying the skins of animals and fashioning a small pouch to wear about his neck; to keep his favorite treasures with him at all times. The man exalted the trinkets for the power they held and their ability to channel the wills of the spirits, he liked the consistency of their nearness [even if his vagrant paws made for inconsistencies elsewhere] — and Komodo didn’t like when they slipped from his grasp. 

The sheepdog was not a thing but a living, breathing being…  but when he awoke with a start and found himself unaccompanied, the brute felt the same flicker of avarice within his chest. Without much thought, Komodo heaved his corded frame from the sands and picked his way across the sandbridge just as the waters of the rising tide began to sluice over the elevation. When his weathered feet found the mainland, it did not take him long to pinpoint Coelacanth’s location — the scent was strong, and the inkjet pelt of the girl and the russet pelt of her companion stood out starkly against the blue backdrop of the morning. The man made his approach confidently, hoping the loudness of his footfalls would be the harbinger of his arrival.

Komodo didn’t pause to think about why she had left, writing it off as a simple miscommunication [and when trying to engage with a mute, miscommunications were often] — thus, when he was mere steps outside of his final destination, he heralded with a chuff. ”Where’re you off to, speedy gonzales?” he said thickly, eyes flashing as if to say found you. Briefly, he turned his attention from the inky girl to the red woman. ”Morning,” the earthstalker greeted, offering a trunacted dip of his sculpted maw before settling back on Coelacanth and waiting her silent answer.
night clubs & night stalkers
fast women, fast talkers
loose lips, loose limbs
the lovely loveless

Messages In This Thread
i've been trying to fix my pride - by Hemlock - March 20, 2017, 06:51 PM
RE: i've been trying to fix my pride - by Coelacanth - April 13, 2017, 05:28 AM
RE: i've been trying to fix my pride - by Hemlock - April 14, 2017, 01:24 AM
RE: i've been trying to fix my pride - by Coelacanth - April 14, 2017, 04:13 AM
RE: i've been trying to fix my pride - by Komodo - April 15, 2017, 11:54 PM
RE: i've been trying to fix my pride - by Hemlock - April 23, 2017, 12:42 AM
RE: i've been trying to fix my pride - by Coelacanth - April 23, 2017, 08:13 PM