Cerulean Cape things my heart used to know.
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
     Embry was quiet as he stood, reserved, upon the weathered rock beneath him. The ocean was a calm presence beyond the soft, tawny shore he faced. Somewhere in the distance, he could hear the distance chorus of seagulls dipping in and out of the wave's tranquil chantey. His blue-green orbs remained impassive at the horizon so many miles away. What had he done to deserve such a wonderful sight as this? To observe the origins of colors he himself was bestowed at birth. From a distance, the male's figure was hardly decipherable - flaxen amidst the ginger coast. It was as though he had been born of the sea himself. 
     Sighing, Embry allowed himself a moment to recollect his past greivances. Perhaps if he were to awknowledge them in a place so serene it might simply slip away on the frothy cerulean depths. He missed his packmates, missed the darkened hues of amber that met him in the morning and varying purples that bid him goodnight, missed the hope of dependence upon one another, missed the strength of a family. It was all gone now, and yet he was no less perturbed. He had, after all, been the sole bereaver. 
     It was during this docile moment of reflection that Embry spotted a wolf not much farther along the bay. She walked as though defeated, every step a weight in which gravity only leadened. Nonetheless, she was a sight for sore eyes. What was he to do? Confront her for the sake of long-awaited social interaction? To what lengths was he permitted to even greet the troubled soul? Yet, he could not help but watch how subtle her head moved as she advanced along the shore, shimmering contrast to the streams of purple and blue canvassed around her. She no doubt felt an aspect of similar recognition to the wonderful scene of the ocean before them. 
     He set out in a ginger lope across the shore, bounding with as much noise as one could muster in the clumps of sand that sprayed behind. He hoped that in doing so, he presented himself long before he arrived within earshot. That way, he was no more a surprise to her as she had been to him. 
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 02:51 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 02, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 11:56 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 03, 2017, 05:48 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 03:01 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 23, 2017, 08:56 AM