Cerulean Cape things my heart used to know.
ɪ' ʜɪɴ' sʀɪɢʜ ʀ ʜ sʟ ; ʜʏ ɴɴ ʜɪʀ ǫɴ.
27 Posts
Ooc — Floof
[table width=80%][tr][td]
Perhaps exhaustion was truly starting to take it's toll on her, for her footfalls seemed to grow heavier with each passing second and her troubled thoughts began to quiet as the need for sleep fought to take control of her subconscious. The rhythmic, almost lulling sound of the waves crashing upon shore certainly didn't help her stay awake, nor did the boring stillness of night... Perhaps it was time to go lay down, put this night (and herself) to rest at last. How long had she been wandering out here anyway? Longer than her body had liked, it seemed. Whatever pack joining decisions she had to make could be debated in the morning... they could wait... and yet... Even with her mind slowly slipping away, she still walked, almost as if she couldn't stop. Her paws were just moving on their own accord now, seemingly determined to keep going until she flopped down and passed out... She was incapable of thinking on her problems any further, yet she was incapable of putting them to rest, so she was just... stuck like this. Wandering.

Her eyes were heavy, her bowed head was no longer in the mood to be raised, and the sand honestly looked really soft...

Then, paw steps, paw steps kicking up the really soft sand ahead in a casual trot towards her. The sound was distant at first, distant enough for her to not truly register it, but it quickly grew louder and suddenly startled her half asleep mind. Something—no, someone—was approaching. Not very urgently it seemed, but still, approaching. The mere presence of another upon this seemingly empty beach shot a jolt through her sleepy system, acting as a wake up call that sent her heart raising and caused her to halt in her tracks immediately, wary green eyes darting up to scan the stranger. Given her exhaustion however, the short lived burst of adrenaline seemed to be met with some resistance, soon slowing to a sluggish pace in her veins before dissipating altogether and leaving her drowsy once more. By the time she finally got a good look at the man, not just a quick, shocked glance, she'd already calmed down to the point of finding his presence almost surreal, like this were just some dream and not reality. She didn't take his presence seriously in this state of mind; she couldn't take anything seriously with this dull fuzz of drowiness blurring her thoughts.

No fear registered on her face, nor any pretentiousness or suspicion. Really, her features were void of all emotion and only displayed her state of being: tired. She didn't bother to take any steps forward, but she did slowly raise her head and give a long, soft exhale through her nose, ears flicking uncertainly. "Greetings," she mumbled flatly, sounding neither upset or exuberant. 

[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 02:51 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 02, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 11:56 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 03, 2017, 05:48 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 03:01 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 23, 2017, 08:56 AM