Cerulean Cape things my heart used to know.
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
     Embry dipped his head, tail swaying submissively. The night's events had conjurred a false sense of insecurity that he had erstwhile thought absent. Yet he was now left with the family pang of anxiety as he stood, gaze aloft, before this woman. Her weary appearance was expected considering where she no doubt arrived from - somewhere near Drageda. She was obviously tired, and, try as he might, he too could attest to the ocean's rhythmic lullaby. What should he say? Hey, I'm really lonely - howsabout you?
     "Hello." He found his voice unnervingly strangled. It wasn't as urbane as it used to be, what with the time he had lost to retain the debonair of a pack wolf. Smooth. Like butter. His old accent kicked in, and soon nostalgia settled itself upon his senses. For a moment he was back in the fen, playing amidst the open honey-golden canopy. A wave crashed against the rocks and he was back on the shore, wind ruffling his tawny coat.
     "I saw you from the distance there." Beautiful. Just poetic, Embry. "I thought I'd just check in and, uh..." He glanced at his paws, shifting uncomfortably in the sand. She was no doubt aggravated at him, for one reason or another. Why had he even approached her? She wasn't in trouble, wasn't lost, wasn't even - by account of review - close to starving. So what was his refute? Something had to have provoked him. Yet, his mind seemed to fumble with the words, splaying different phrases across a network of transparent locutions.  
     "Just making sure things were well wherever you're heading from. I guess I was just curious, what with the snowy weather down south." He angled his ears towards the grove of palms nearby, gaze soft, stance respectful. The last thing he wanted to do was seem threatening. 
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 02:51 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 02, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 11:56 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 03, 2017, 05:48 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 03:01 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 23, 2017, 08:56 AM