Cerulean Cape things my heart used to know.
ɪ' ʜɪɴ' sʀɪɢʜ ʀ ʜ sʟ ; ʜʏ ɴɴ ʜɪʀ ǫɴ.
27 Posts
Ooc — Floof
[table width=80%][tr][td]
The agouti youth listened to his boorish greeting with a nonchalant and unreadable expression, the only indication she was even listening being an occasional flick of her ears. His body language didn't seem threatening in any way — quite the opposite, he seemed meek and awkward, almost submissive. There was clearly no need to put herself on edge then, and with his slow, uncertain tone of voice, she couldn't find any other reason to give him her full attention. Therefore, the sleepy woman zoned out a bit as he spoke, lingering between hearing what he had to say and mentally dozing off. Truly, if her mind wasn't dulled by the need to sleep, the arrogant princess would probably quirk a brow at him and demand that he "get on with it", imply that he was wasting valuable time, but what was wasted time to a wolf who shouldn't be awake right now anyway? He could take all the time he wanted; she didn't have anything important to do that she wasn't kind of already doing right now.

During the gap in the conversation where he trailed off glanced down at his paws, she offered only a muffled "mmm-hmm" in response to his previous statement before she started to zone out entirely, her eyes tiredly narrowing to slits and her head just starting to droop. When he suddenly spoke next, however, she jerked back to attention, once more pumped full with enough adrenaline to stay awake and alert just a little while longer. Good thing too, for his next statement was actually something worth hearing, something that brought her fully back to consciousness and wiped the apathy from her face entirely. He claimed to be "checking in on her" and wanted to know how things were where she came from, supposedly put off by her body language, or at least that's how it seemed. Her drowsy mind stupidly inquired what gave him the idea something was wrong in the first place, but she quickly reminded herself he had seen her from afar, had likely seen her drudging down the beach with her head low and sullen looking. It only occurred to her now how lost and weary she must have looked (which was not far off from how she actually felt). It hadn't been her intention to look so hopless, but then again, she hadn't expected to meet another wolf tonight.

As for what he said, her initial reaction was to think he meant her home home, as in her birth place, and that sent a hot spark of defensiveness through her... but the feeling quickly died. Honestly, she was in no mood to act as pompous and self entitled as she usually did, or to even get remotely upset right now. She was tired, and she had a lot of big things on her mind, things that were more important than snapping at the boy for making an innocent inquiry. With that new mind set, she realized he also couldn't read minds; he didn't know about her home, and probably wasn't even trying to find out. He just wanted to know about where she'd come from, and that could just as easily mean the far end of the coast as it did her true place of origin.

More awake and more attentive now, she lifted her head and gazed at him in an analytical way, her body language mostly neutral save for the haughty way she held herself. She cleared her throat quickly before speaking, trying to put a little more feeling into it than before. "I suppose I'm not in the best of spirits," she admitted with a shrug, "but where I hail from has little to do with it. I just have a lot on my mind..." Not entirely a lie, but even if it was, this was all he'd be getting from her. "Regardless, it need not concern you anyway." As for that last bit, he could take it as he liked: either she simply didn't want him to worry about her, or she didn't want him prying into her business. Both were true, more or less. 

The idea of sleeping had receded to the dark forgotten corners of her mind by now, the weary woman far more interested in this conversation. She sighed quietly and seated herself on the sand, making it clear that she didn't aim to just gab and go;  now that he had gotten her mind working, she figured she could get some info out of this wolf, assuming he knew anything about the coast. If not, at least his presence would sate the pang of loneliness she tried so hard to deny herself. "What of you, stranger? Exactly where are you from?"

[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 02:51 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 02, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 11:56 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 03, 2017, 05:48 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 03:01 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 23, 2017, 08:56 AM