Cerulean Cape things my heart used to know.
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
      Embry was slightly taken-aback. He didn't know whether it was the harsh wind whipping at his fur or the stiff atmosphere that made him so uncomfortable. His sea-green flecks traced the woman before him - none too discreetly - in search of any signs of harm or lesion. Something about her was thick with a sense of nobility that seemed, more or less, cumbered. Perhaps he should have stopped and taken more account for proper political decorum. Nevertheless, this term "nobility" was not so much the adjective as much as the noun, judging by her tongue. And it grew increasingly evident to him just how close he was to the cusp of her noble patience, where vitriol was only a pawstep away, with every word that passed. It helped to notice, albeit elusive, her subtle shift in attitude. The conversation was, at least, not a total vexation.

"I'm from Blue Syren. I doubt you've ever heard of it... Kind of coins the atypical pleb, that place. But Broken Antler Fen seemed to take me well. Promoted me to Theta 'n all before  I had to leave." He sat back on his haunches, softening his intense gaze as he reclined. It didn't matter how wary she wanted to be, he wouldn't conform to these wolves' policies. There was nothing she could do with a little background information, anyways. "Certainly glad you are well, of course. Didn't mean to venture so far within your personal affairs - I'm sure they're very important." The sarcasm wasn't as weighty as he would have liked, but in all manners of peace, he would keep his respect towards her undeterred.

He paused a moment and closed his eyes, took a deep breath. This air was so soothing, so saccharine on his lips. Someday he would show another the pleasure it induced to him. His attention was, for hardly long enough to notice, somewhere far into the depths of time and space. But it was brief, and the moment seemed to escape before he could snatch it. His lids snapped back open and he set his gaze back upon the female, tail brushing at the sand ever so gently as it stirred. 

"Pardon me, I'm not one for introductions. Once again, my heritage reaps the gaps of social stability." He summoned up a grin, sheepish but prominent. Once again, the question seemed to implant itself within the depths of his mind, blistering at his central train of thought with mole-like precision. He had no idea where to go next, now that he was alone. Would he simply explore the Teekon Wilds til death came clawing? It wasn't just the situation that had stimulated this conversation, no matter what the female may think. He was inadvertently struggling to map out his future, and somehow he felt compelled that she was the key. Perhaps something she said would trigger his sense of adventure, and he would disembark from this aimless voyage of his. "My name is Embry. It's a pleasure to meet you, despite the, er... circumstances."
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 02:51 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 02, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 11:56 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 03, 2017, 05:48 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 03:01 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 23, 2017, 08:56 AM