Cerulean Cape things my heart used to know.
ɪ' ʜɪɴ' sʀɪɢʜ ʀ ʜ sʟ ; ʜʏ ɴɴ ʜɪʀ ǫɴ.
27 Posts
Ooc — Floof
[table width=80%][tr][td]
Well he was right to doubt. She hadn't ever heard of this "Blue Syren" and visibly confirmed his suspicion by faintly furrowing her brows. Broken Antler Fen was foreign to her as well, but by the way he mentioned a promotion system, she assumed that it was at least an organization of sorts... maybe a pack? Could they be that organized...? She honestly had no clue. Oh well. Recognizing what he was talking about wasn't the point here; gathering intel on these still very foreign lands was, and so far, she was doing just that. Curiosity briefly flashed in her gaze when he mentioned having to leave this "Broken Antler Fen", her inquisitive mind automatically wanting to know why, but she fought the urge to immediately start interrogating him. After all, she wasn't revealing her past to him, so why should he?

Because your a bloody Meronique, that's why. What you want, you get; no commoner can tell you otherwise say. Oh shut it mother. 

He next settled himself into a sitting position, as she had, so at least he didn't intend to go running off either. His next comments had seemed sincere enough, to the point of her almost relaxing in his presence entirely, until he assaulted her ears with sarcasm. "I'm sure they're very important." Annnnd there it was again. That angry flare of defensiveness boiling up inside her, this time burning longer now that she had her wits about her and could actually take things personally, not just fizzling out due to drowsiness. Her inner spoiled child sought to throw a tantrum over his audacity — how dare he doubt the authenticity of her woes! — but she managed to calm her demons before they rose to the surface. The sarcasm was there, yes, but light, almost halfhearted; not a serious jab. Or, at least, that was how he came across anyway, not that she could see inside his head and deduce his true feelings. It was just banter, not need to get her tail in a knot... yet. Her anger cooled, but it left a bitter taste in its wake. She narrowed her eyes, narrowed her brows and frowned, the disdain evident on her features, though it made her look more disapproving than actually offended. Her voice was not a harsh hiss, but a bitter mumble, a correcting retort to his comment. "Yes, incredibly."

After that, for just a moment, he closed his eyes and took a breath, providing a long enough pause in the conversation for Andronika to glance seaward. Her pale green gaze settled upon the moon once again, tracing down to the refracted moonlight that highlighted the sea, painting bright white zigzags across the otherwise pitch black waves. Such a pretty sight... almost an ironic match for the lingering dourness inside her. When he spoke again, she quickly looked back, a frown still haunting her lips, resembling a child's pout. Upon seeing his smile and hearing his words however, the expression slackened a bit, giving way to his good natured attitude. Of course, she still looked at him with disinterest — like a noble observing a pleb — but at least it wasn't distaste.

"I am Andronika," she announced with an air of self entitlement. "Charmed." It seemed two could play at sarcasm. 

Naturally, she would've added "Meronique, Princess of the New Meronique Kingdom" after that, but she'd long learned those words meant nothing to the uncultured commoners out here. The throne she was promised would forever be a broken promise, a thing of the past, and she unfortunately had to accept that. Of course she'd still hold herself like the royal blooded creature she was, even if her title meant nothing. Additionally, she was also still tired, and "Andronika" was a much simpler introduction for her lazy mouth.

"So... as you were saying before, this 'Blue Syren' and this 'Broken Antler Fen'... are they packs? Her tone and expression now were a mixture of honest curiosity and demand; tell me what you know. Not pushy, but clearly expecting answers. "What are they like?" There were many other questions she wanted to ask, but she forced herself to be patient, fearful he would withhold everything he knew if she threw it all at him at once. She wanted to know how they worked, where they were, if they even still existed, what packs were around now... All information that could be very crucial to her future. She'd leaned a little closer now, ears perked and patiently/not so patiently waiting for his response.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 02:51 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 02, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 11:56 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 03, 2017, 05:48 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 03:01 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 23, 2017, 08:56 AM