Cerulean Cape things my heart used to know.
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
     Embry stiffened, his gaze halting along its track at her brow. The orbs had always been a roaming sea of green, yet now it was still, stolid. He admittedly enjoyed teasing with her, if not to get a better perception of her personality in the process. But he noticed the change in her cooling composure the moment he had spoken the sarcastic retort and instantly regretted it. When she broke eye contact and looked out at the shore, it only made his stomach do somersaults. This wolf is different. He had already known that. Quite the captain obvious, Embry. But it was true, no matter how much he had tried to neglect it. Indeed, they were both in the same boat here. So, when she questioned him on his origins, he was quick to acquiesce.

"Blue Syren was definitely some type of pack. But it was more of a family. There was no hierarchy, save for our Doyen. They were basically the High Council of sorts; looked over our community. Technically, I was born as one of the heirs but..." He trailed off for a moment and glanced at the ground. What? But they were completely and utterly dessimated by a plague? Wrought under the fires of the very wolves he had befriended? No, he would take another path. Blue Syren had been serene in its pre-war existence. "Things changed. I was taken to the Teekon Wilds and next thing I knew I stumbled upon the Fen."

Embry shrugged, his golden fur falling in tawny rivets along his shoulder. The ocean spray had collected upon his fur and crystal droplets were pooling around his feet. Somewhere in the Highlands of his youth, there was a war being fought for him and his comrades. Why was he not there? Go on Embry. They'd told him. It'll be ok when you return. But he wouldn't. Not for a thousand years would he return to watch his home ripped to pieces. It was a ghost, a specter in him mind as long as he wanted it to be. The only thing that could change that was the reality of it.

"Broken Antler Fen is a great pack for strangers like me, foreigners of the Teekon Wilds. They protected me during a period of utter depravation throughout the wilds. Wolves were starving for food, and here I was - a complete other mouth to feed - and they let me in. As long as you work hard, no pack like that lets you down, you know?" This time he let his gaze slip back to hers'. He was ready to hear her voice in the conversation again. He liked the regal, confident tune it held even in this dark, desolate night. Maybe it reminded him of the Syren even, what with their articulated lilt and extrinsic composure. They at least held similarity in that they were different, and that was appreciated.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 02:51 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 02, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 11:56 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 03, 2017, 05:48 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 03:01 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 23, 2017, 08:56 AM