Altar of Twilight i painted you a picture, but it never looked right
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

She can feel many things all at once. Hemlock has always been a passionate wolf - even when her name had been her mother's gift to her. That much has not changed. Hemlock may be more guarded (if it was possible) and more determined but she is still a Kali and the Kali line has never shied away from what felt right. Although she did not want to take Sirius to meet his parents still she had dutifully roused the boy in the early morning and promised him an adventure. She had pressed her kisses to the brows of her godchildren, nuzzling sweetly into her Banrion's soft fur, and had solemnly set trail with her Ceannasach with her young ward between them. 

Though she was mostly quiet, she had told Sirius of the meeting along the way - that she expected to see his siblings there, too, and that his parents would be waiting for them. His questions were met with vague, quiet answers, the wolf apologetically distracted by what might come. This was to be the first of many, after all, and she could only imagine what a meeting like this would mean for the shape of her own little life tucked deep in the Strath. At the call to announce their location Hemlock felt her lips curl, hackles shifting a bit but she bid herself to relax and calm down lest she scare her little boy.

When they found the area she gave a reassuring nuzzle to the boy - if her emotions were so scattered, she could only imagine what he must be feeling. What a lofty duty they had given to such a small boy, to uphold two families on his little shoulders. Still, she truly did not believe he would have survived if not in her care and she is fiercely proud of him. "I believe you are bigger than they are," Hemlock said, whispering near his ear so that only he would hear with a slight smile to try and ease his emotions - maybe it would make it easier to go forward if he was in good spirits. She was careful near the other pair; never truly relaxing. But then again - she had not relaxed since coming home, placing a great amount of her own guilt and sorrow in the visible affirmation of what could have been that the duo represented to her. Arturo had offered the introductions, saving Hemlock from needing to actually address the pair outright. 

Now, it was all up to waiting for the first move; letting Sirius do what was comfortable for himself. Should the parents try and push him or rush things, Hemlock would have felt no qualms about stepping in to make sure they went at the boy's pace. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
Messages In This Thread