Blacktail Deer Plateau Experiences
178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
dauntless understands that burr's death isn't his fault — there were many little and at the time minuscule choices made by his deceased friend that had let to that inevitable eventuality and dauntless understands that all of those choices, innocent as they'd been, had been entirely out of his (and Pema's) control. neither of them were soothsayers and had no idea of what would come when burr ventured away from them. they had no way of knowing or predicting, and certainly no reason to think anything would happen to him. dauntless tells himself these things over and over but it does not erase the survivor's guilt that weighs heavily in his heart. he has to grieve in his own way, first, before he can release the irrational guilt. "not really, no," dauntless murmurs in response to what he thinks might be a rhetorical question. "i know it's not my fault. i do." he is quick to assure his mother, not wanting her to think that he's so far removed from reality that he does not realize that he couldn't have stopped it.

"i have some great role models that inspire and encourage me." dauntless says in response to pema's remark about him wanting to take charge and place responsibility upon himself. he offers her a small, albeit genuine smile that tugs at the edges of his lips. despite focusing upon what he took to be a compliment among the advice his mother was giving him, dauntless understood what she was telling him. it was easy to accept it logically but his heart isn't yet ready to relinquish his guilt and accept what he already knows. "i'll keep that in mind mom, thank you."
Messages In This Thread
Experiences - by Pema - February 26, 2018, 01:12 AM
RE: Experiences - by Dauntless - February 26, 2018, 04:17 AM
RE: Experiences - by Pema - February 28, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: Experiences - by Dauntless - March 17, 2018, 04:14 AM
RE: Experiences - by Pema - March 21, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: Experiences - by Dauntless - March 30, 2018, 03:18 AM
RE: Experiences - by Pema - April 05, 2018, 11:30 PM
RE: Experiences - by Dauntless - April 14, 2018, 05:00 AM
RE: Experiences - by Pema - April 14, 2018, 01:42 PM
RE: Experiences - by Dauntless - May 20, 2018, 04:34 PM