Stone Circle It's so much better when everyone is in; are you in?
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn's spirits lightened some when she saw Kegana headed towards her a few minutes after her call had left her chest. She wagged her tail as the other female approached, glad to be in her company.

Was she alright? Not really. The one wolf she had actually trusted since that day tragedy forced her to find a new life had thrown that trust in her face. She knew Howl hadn't done it out of malice, but he had still made a decision that had broken Brynn's heart, and for that, she didn't think she would ever forgive him. She had also decided that because she had opened herself up to be so badly hurt by another, she would not be giving anyone else that power over her anytime soon; that was one thing she was absolutely sure of.

She realized she hadn't answered her friend yet and, attempting to mask the hurt that had taken up residence in her heart since her conversation with Howl, she forced a smile on her face and said, "I'm...okay, I guess." her weak attempt at a smile failed as she stumbled over the word 'okay,' and she ended up just shrugging and looking away instead. "Sorry," she said, apologizing for the awkwardness. "I'm actually not really okay and was hoping you could help me find a distraction." Honesty was just easier than trying to pretend that nothing was wrong.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Messages In This Thread