Fox's Glade My past has tasted bitter
146 Posts
Ooc —
She could not help but worry he would not want to see her. 

She came on this journey for him, that much had always been made clear, but she's distanced herself from him since Takiyok's threat. It's entirely possible that Siarut's mad at her for avoiding him and the tundrian's heart thuds with dread as she draws near for there's no explanation on her tongue. 

When nanuk turns to her, the smile he gives her says that everything's okay.

Tupilaq beams, so relieved that her tail picks up an involuntary wag as she takes a place by his side. She forgets for a moment that she still has explaining to do until his words reach her and the smile slides off her face. 

"No, it was nothing you'd done. I wanted to see you again," tapeesa can see no reason to lie about this. She had longed to see the bear, despite Takiyok's reasons for wanting her away from her brother. 

The words feel heavy on her tongue and Uki is reminded again of Takiyok's confusing demand. For a moment, she longs to ask him just to find out what it was she'd done wrong. She nearly tells him just for the sake of curiosity. 

But then tupilaq takes a long glance at the bear. And she remembers that Takiyok  is his sister. Whatever she's done wrong, suddenly she doesn't want nanuk to know. If somehow she's offended Takiyok, he's likely to take her side against a stranger - no matter what kind of bond is between them. 

Uki, swallows heavily, unsure how to answer his questions. Her ears flatten with dismay and a soft whine leaves her throat, born of helplessness. "I just...couldn't," she finishes lamely, sighing with defeat as she lies to him for the first time. 
"And you're tired of not being strong."
Messages In This Thread
My past has tasted bitter - by Siarut - July 14, 2018, 03:01 PM
RE: My past has tasted bitter - by Uki - July 15, 2018, 01:14 PM
RE: My past has tasted bitter - by Siarut - July 15, 2018, 01:27 PM
RE: My past has tasted bitter - by Uki - July 15, 2018, 01:43 PM
RE: My past has tasted bitter - by Siarut - July 15, 2018, 03:07 PM
RE: My past has tasted bitter - by Uki - July 15, 2018, 03:30 PM
RE: My past has tasted bitter - by Siarut - July 15, 2018, 03:58 PM
RE: My past has tasted bitter - by Uki - July 16, 2018, 05:34 AM
RE: My past has tasted bitter - by Siarut - July 28, 2018, 12:36 PM
RE: My past has tasted bitter - by Uki - July 30, 2018, 07:48 AM