Neverwinter Forest you became the light on the dark side of me
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
The forest, though unfamiliar territory for Embry, was clearly brimming with various wild fauna. Thus, most of the noises that paraded through his audits were merely pushed away or discredited for their limited potential threats. How many times, after all, had he spotted the swift retreat of a doe or squirrel? What difference did it make that now, as he stood within the pulsing vein of water, in the corner of his eye he saw another flurry of motion?

His head moved slowly, but in no way could he resist instinct. When you were thrust upon the wilds alone and young, some habits simply didn't change. How fortunate, eh?

There it was: in a rare patch of sunlight, a glimpse of that familiar, lemony fur. His heart was beating again — leaping in what great strides he was forced to contain; forced to control. No, he had to be cautious, now; cautious because her wings were broken and she was cornered.

He waded ever so quietly through the water, cutting folds of blue into the chilled current. And he accepted the fact that she might very well hate him. Indeed, she might try to hurt him. One thing he knew and knew for certain was this: he would not be hurting her, too. Not ever again.

"Feyre," Embry's voice was deep and warm; amused, even, as he crept toward the tree. Her attempt at hiding was so endearing; something he hoped he might pass along to little ones someday... "I know you're there." 
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 05, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 05, 2019, 08:49 PM