Neverwinter Forest you became the light on the dark side of me
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Feyre could not describe the lasting sound of his heartbeat against her head, or the feel of his breath whispering across her audits. A shiver ran down her lithe form in response, fogging her thoughts and numbing her tongue as she retreated from his warmth.

How was it he could entrance her so easily? It was a dangerous thing to desire Embry so deeply, and yet she could not deny that the emotions paving their way through her mind and body were not unwelcome. She was grateful for the official apology and could not help but further relax in his presence; her wariness subsiding.

Embry’s voice broke through the crisp air, melting through what remained of her stupor. Clarity was far beyond her reach, but she still maintained a semblance of sanity, even with him so near. After all this time, it felt as though she knew not what they should talk about. It was nearly comical to her that their conversation was so…mundane.

“In retrospect, I feel that I was fine.” Half-truth would do. It was not that she had not survived, it was just that she had become a different person. “I’ll admit…it was hard, but not entirely unbearable. I even met some pretty interesting characters wandering out there.” She released a laugh, a delighted little thing, and realized that it had been the first genuine laugh to leave her maw in months. How long had she been unhappy? How long had she been incomplete without him standing beside her, comforting her and guiding her? Perhaps it was foolish to be dependent upon another’s existence for her own joy, but Feyre was far from overcoming that. She was unsure if she even felt it necessary to work on it now that she had him once again.

“Your pack,” She blurted, remembering what he had mentioned. “Why are you so far from them?” Her mind whirled around in circles, her pallet of pastels mixing into a muddied brown. What if he expected her to follow him? She was not prepared to take on an entire group of wolves. She was not even sure if she had the capacity to be that social anymore, it had simply been too long. Her brows notched in concern, her next question written so clearly upon her face before her maw even parted. “Are you planning on going back?” If not, why, and if so, did he assume she would join him?

Mercenary: 5/5
Messages In This Thread
you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 05, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: you became the light on the dark side of me - by Feyre - March 07, 2019, 06:31 PM