Emberwood the black hills, the bad lands, the calloused east
73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
he gave her a sheepish smile at the question, looking away shyly. not one that's my sister, cortez admitted, wagging his tail. it's a lot to get used to, i'll tell you that. i'm usually able to keep it out of mind, but now. . . he didn't tell her that he'd been a little restless, worrying about olive. about all that could go wrong. it wouldn't do any good to share his own fears, not when she likely had her own.

the bard nodded, standing with her with an easy expression upon his face. his brow furrowed, though, when it became quickly apparent that things were not right. olive, in obvious pain. the whisper she gave him sent a bolt of terror through his stomach, and he let her lean on him as much as she needed, only to stop as she fell to the ground with a gasp.

olive, cortez said softly, his own breath stolen away. he knelt down with her, heart hammering in his chest. are they coming now? i don't think we'll be able to make it home. let me—

his pale eyes darted around once more, trying to find a suitable place for a makeshift den. god, this wasn't his area of expertise. where to even begin?! he spied a little notch within the trees, cool and shady, looking as good as any spot for the purpose. he gently pressed his nose to his sister's cheek, nodding toward the venue.

can you get over there? he murmured. c'mon, olive, walk with me. it's okay. i'm here. i'll be here. ought he to summon help? who else in elysium was as seasoned of a midwife as his littermate?
Messages In This Thread
RE: the black hills, the bad lands, the calloused east - by Cortez - April 26, 2019, 08:11 PM