Emberwood the black hills, the bad lands, the calloused east
73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
i can't, she said, and that's when he knew it was bad. that she couldn't even walk that far. . . his ears folded backwards, eyes darting once more, wanting to fetch seabreeze at once but yet not wanting to leave his sister in this state. what if something happened? she was a sitting duck out here, all by herself. he couldn't leave.

i can't, he echoed her, shaking his head. i won't leave you. not like this. i'll howl for seabreeze, but i'm staying here with you. he tipped his muzzle back but all that escaped his maw was a strangled yelp, so fearful as he was for olive's welfare. he tried again, with the same result. damn it! he spat hoarsely, teeth nearly chattering in fright.

cortez looked back down. olive, sweet olive. it couldn't end like this. not when he'd just found her again. not when things were good. . . i'm not gonna leave, he whispered, choked. he laid down beside her, trying to calm himself. for her sake, at least, if not for his. i'm right here with you. tell me what i can do.
Messages In This Thread
RE: the black hills, the bad lands, the calloused east - by Cortez - April 26, 2019, 09:47 PM