Hideaway Strath Dreadful Happenstance
26 Posts
Ooc —
By the Ancestors

…Krynn flicked her tail from side to side annoyed and not at all amused. Those cold fire eyes burst into flame to issue her rage over a silent form she was legend for. That was Priest’s only clue as he spoke his heart to her and failed to see that sympathy and sweet talk did not reach Krynn’s high appraisal as he may have wished.

It was an apology; an apology so soon after Novae’s edict to take her own life in exchange for a mortal, a Coyote and its spawn. That fact helped to burn Krynn ever more so. “What is this mockery!?” She had thought to herself. “First one transgression and now this!?”
Her blackened maw twitched to reveal pearly fangs once or maybe twice while the Male spoke. It was all so unreal that a Sahiras knelt before her and figuratively sobbed. “US!?”  Krynn scoffed but allowed him to continue….

It was on the final words of “I never wanted-“ That Krynn finally unraveled everything that had first began to fray her calm.
Are you not an Heir to our pack? What is this disgusting dribble of scavenged filth I see before me?”
There wasn’t an ounce of mercy in her tone. “How sick, How Vile! Contemptuous!”

Now her form was dispelling her unease by pacing back and forth as she rattled on shooting noxious glares in between her curses. “No this is not a mighty Heir, it is a welp! A half measure spit into your mother’s womb and undeserving of the legacy her Bloodline laid down before you.”

Gods above she was enraged and the fire burned from her yellowed eyes into Priest’s soul, “Take your bribery somewhere else! I’d piss on this bounty if the waste did not dishonor my name as well as yours.”
It was all a curse to show how much he had messed up in her eyes but Krynn wouldn’t leave him, not yet. There was a method to her shaded ways and a lesson to be garnered.
“No, in fact, If you did not wish to leave then you needn’t leave. Just as so if you must then you must! Because you ARE a male heir to the Ancestors! No one questions your decisions but the Ancestors alone! You do not need to explain yourself, you do not need to sulk after you made your choice, and you certainly never apologize!”  

A crazed growl launched itself out from Krynn’s lungs as her teeth sank into one of the dead birds tossing it from her sight. “Take this as example! We FEED on souls! -and yet we are responsible for them. We take what is needed with no regret or mercy. That is the way of things so the stars may continue to shine upon us all. Then after we have taken we govern the peasants so all may live and thrive. -But we NEVER answer to them. We hear them, cultivate them, defend the land, but we will never be one of them!”

A heavy breath was all that filled the air as she paused to see if it was sinking into his empty cavity. “and so you know, I am not my Sisters. I am not so fragile that I shall wilt as a flower nipped by frost. Your displacement was noted but not hindering. Nothing more… Now I see it was you who was wounded.”

She bent to steal one of the birds but halted for one final word, “There is no ‘US’ until you remember who you were born to be.”

That was all she had to say and that was all she cared to hear.
Messages In This Thread
Dreadful Happenstance - by Krynn - June 19, 2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Dreadful Happenstance - by Priest - June 27, 2019, 10:23 AM
RE: Dreadful Happenstance - by Krynn - July 07, 2019, 11:01 AM
RE: Dreadful Happenstance - by Priest - July 07, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: Dreadful Happenstance - by Krynn - July 07, 2019, 12:12 PM
RE: Dreadful Happenstance - by Priest - July 07, 2019, 12:45 PM
RE: Dreadful Happenstance - by Krynn - July 10, 2019, 09:00 PM
RE: Dreadful Happenstance - by Priest - July 14, 2019, 12:15 PM
RE: Dreadful Happenstance - by Krynn - August 03, 2019, 11:41 AM
RE: Dreadful Happenstance - by Priest - August 03, 2019, 06:30 PM
RE: Dreadful Happenstance - by Krynn - August 06, 2019, 12:05 PM