Greatwater Lake i don't like human nature unless all candied over with art
i'm a bloody fallen angel
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
A gentle breeze brought a stranger's presence to Saarthal's attention though she did nothing to indicate her knowledge. It mattered little to her - yes, what if it was a murderer, a serial killer here to take her life? What, then? Death - the most natural thing in this universe, most likely. She'd come to the conclusion long ago that she was not afraid because she no longer had anything left to lose, not right now, not when she felt like she was alone in this universe, a singular creature fighting against the current of life and being borne backwards, helplessly, continously, despite all her efforts to propel forward. Forever, the waves brought her back. There was no one, nothing, just the stars and the moon, the chirping of insects and the wind's caressing touch, like the ghost of a lost lover. 
The stranger spoke and Saarthal shifted, leaning slightly with a tilt of her head to squint at the boy. The silver sheen of moonlight limned his outline, a contrast of darks and lights, a juxtaposition of colours - he was sorta cute in a boyish, scruffy way, sorta big, sorta tall, and polite which was always a bonus for first interactions. "Yeah," Saarthal replied, turning her attention back to the sky after her initial assessment of the stranger, "makes you think, doesn't it? How tiny we are in this universe...how pathetic our existence is." Saarth paused, quiet for a second, then, content with her moment of philosophical contemplation and having decided she was done with sharing for the night, turned to the stranger with an impish smile and said, "You've got really great eyes, dude. They're really pretty." Ah. Let her have her fun with her corny pick-up lines and lopsided grins. It wasn't often she had company. And anyway, unlike some of her sentiments, this one was rather genuine: he had the most astounding green eyes she'd ever seen, and she'd seen quite a few.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i don't like human nature unless all candied over with art - by Saarthal - August 01, 2019, 09:05 AM