Phoenix Maplewood there's a voice that pulls me stumbling through a symphony
178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
That made sense; Kaistleoki was the last place Dauntless had seen both Dawn and Winterbourne in the same spot. Even Dauntless had spent a short stint there, although he hadn't been sure about going back. What if they were mad at him for leaving? What if they didn't want him back? Those were the sorts of things he wanted to avoid. It was easier than owning up to his leaving them without saying anything. He frowned when she said she hadn't heard anything from the other two.

But it was the answer to his question that really threw him off. She's what? he asked, hardly able to believe that. But then again... he hadn't ever met his birth mother, had he? He knew Catori and Pema were his real moms, through-and-through. He knew that his birth mother had left them when he was very young, but he had no recollection of her. He'd been a mere child at the time, just over two months old.

No, I don't... She left when we were so young. I don't remember her at all. Why did she leave, anyway? And why did she change her name? Did she not want to be found again? he asked, simply assuming Dawn had the answers to all these questions.
Messages In This Thread