Herbalists' Cache my baby, she don't love me
the rambler
109 Posts
Ooc — Sully
Kin wasn't apologizing or mumbling. Just talking :)
When the girl called out her own greeting, he lingered long enough to flash a smile and a quick flip of his tail. "Hey there, sweetheart," he replied, but returned just as quickly to his retreat.

But although he'd shown every sign of clearing out of the way, the trio wasn't done with him yet. With an ear still cupped in their direction, he heard the woman say something to her baby, and then sensed that she was addressing him directly when her voice carried a little further.

Kincaid paused, not quite turning his body toward them, but allowing himself to look once more.

"Just passin' through,"  he said, and contemplated leaving things at that. The woman seemed friendly enough, but Kin didn't get the sense that her man appreciated the headache — and he was sure neither of them were comfortable with him being around the kid, even if they were being perfectly polite about it. "I'm Kincaid," he added somewhat reluctantly, seeing no reason to be rude if they hadn't started it. "I can be outta your hair directly. Like I said — just passin' through."

He directed these words at the male, hoping he could gently steer his woman's attention elsewhere. They could be so kind, at times, but it really wasn't necessary. And what was more, it made a man's job — either guarding his girl, or guarding his own tail — that much more difficult.
* Kincaid is obviously not a shibe in a cowboy hat. Just a regular, reddish wolf. His avatar is just a silly spiritual portrait.
Messages In This Thread
my baby, she don't love me - by Kincaid - July 17, 2020, 07:43 PM
RE: my baby, she don't love me - by Aphrodite - July 17, 2020, 11:12 PM
RE: my baby, she don't love me - by Taikon - July 18, 2020, 12:05 AM
RE: my baby, she don't love me - by Kincaid - July 18, 2020, 01:10 AM
RE: my baby, she don't love me - by Juniper Whitebark - July 19, 2020, 07:08 AM
RE: my baby, she don't love me - by Aphrodite - July 19, 2020, 11:07 PM
RE: my baby, she don't love me - by Taikon - July 19, 2020, 11:17 PM
RE: my baby, she don't love me - by Kincaid - July 19, 2020, 11:41 PM
RE: my baby, she don't love me - by Taikon - July 24, 2020, 01:40 AM