Emberwood I got years of livin' by and how I choose
the rambler
109 Posts
Ooc — Sully
Eleuthera's interest was terribly flattering to the rambler, who was trying his level best to be as eloquent as she seemed to be. The question had him chuckling once more, and he drew level with her and paused himself to answer:

"No, ma'am — I been to the bottom. If you fell in, you'd fall t'your death, but there are ways to climb down, or slopes if you're lucky," he explained. "But it's just like when you come to a riverbed gone dry in the autumn — all them little cracks you see? Imagine it the size of a mountain, and little you lookin' down in, and everythan' blazin' like a hazy sunset. One of the more strikin' sights I seen."

Then they were arrived, and Kincaid slipped past Eleuthera to step up onto a wide, flat rock perched upon the incline. It was, as the woman said, not a bad sight — the male could not fathom that she might be talking about more than the pleasant vista.

"It sure is somethin'," he agreed with a wag of his tail, looking out toward Easthollow to see if he could place it. Perhaps it was too far in the distance. He looked back at Eleuthera, and then had to drag his gaze forcefully away. "Alright, girl, whatcha got? Where all've you been down there?"
* Kincaid is obviously not a shibe in a cowboy hat. Just a regular, reddish wolf. His avatar is just a silly spiritual portrait.
Messages In This Thread
I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Kincaid - July 18, 2020, 02:54 AM
RE: I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Kincaid - July 22, 2020, 01:59 AM