Redsand Canyon I will love you until the last breath leaves my body
8 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
No more posting order-- anyone who wants to get in a final post is welcome, otherwise I'll be archiving soon!

No, Ruenna would not die, but neither would she fully wake-- at least not that evening. With some effort, Aquene would manage to rouse her enough to take water and medications. By the wee hours of the morning, it would seem that Ruenna was out of the woods, at least as far as the blood loss was concerned. However, by that point a fever had set in, and the new mother and her midwife would spend the following days battling her soaring body temperature. 

Blind and deaf, Alivia was ignorant of all the chaos. She did not appear to mind wallowing in the warm, viscous pool into which she was born, although she would grunt happily when the tongue began to stroke her soothingly. The sharp, metallic tang that enveloped the few senses she possessed would be her first experience of the world. Despite being to young to have any thoughts on this, the memory of this experience would remain as an imprint, and for a long time to follow the taste of blood would be met with a feeling of curious familiarity.
Messages In This Thread