The Heartwood And will dead lips to speak?
'' may the odds be ever in your favor ''
48 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Tagging @Dreven ^^

Held captive by the constant prise to hear the elder's words, the little brown creature hadn't been seen oft. Alduin had been the only to lay eyes upon her. But as for whom else had been invited within the heartwood — they were a mystery.

Calm the mind. Listen to what goes on. Guide the damned. Prepare your first sacrifice.

They spoke and whispered, guiding the spirit walker to do what bidding was required. The heartwood had only recently been found. Now it was time for the world to know that it belonged to them.

Early that morn, Khasni had traveled from the rather spacious cavern she had chosen to be her own. From there, she'd slipped from the veil and found a decent ground to capture what creature would send the message of their coming. The spirits were not easily persuaded by words. To know that their messenger had guided the proper souls, they would need a proper announcement.

It did not take long to come upon a frolicking hare. Too distracted, it was. Small, slithering, she leapt for it eagerly, sparing no moment to snap the neck with an easy tug.

Now back to the cavern she wandered with the sacrifice in tow. The little corpse would be lain to wait while the space was prepared. Dried leaves and old, dug up bones were placed carefully in a decently sized circle. From the hare, Khasni then pried the skeleton from the flesh and wool. All were centered within the circle, set separately from each other as proof of the critter's demise. Blood pooled where the remains no longer lay. Each forepaw was dipped within the sticky, warm substance. Some was dabbled upon her forehead. The sacrifice was hers, and thus, she must claim it so before the ritual could begin.

To the spirits she may now speak:

Take this offering,
a creature found and killed within the veil of the heartwood;
you have commanded it be so, thus I have provided.
See us here,
the damned knows his place,
the forsaken will come and know theirs too.
I speak now before you, to provide proof that your will has been done.
The heartwood is ours and none else will take it from our grasp.
Should this truth fail, I will be the next to take the place of this sacrifice.
Let it be heard ... let it be known.

Head bowed in solemn gesture, each piece of the ritual remained where she had laid it. Khasni did not move, seated sternly like a statue. Here she would stay for many moments to pass.

I owe the world nothing,
the world owes nothing to me;
thus, we are as even as we ever shall be.
Messages In This Thread
And will dead lips to speak? - by Khasni - July 19, 2022, 10:17 AM
RE: And will dead lips to speak? - by Dreven - July 19, 2022, 11:51 AM
RE: And will dead lips to speak? - by Khasni - July 19, 2022, 11:57 AM
RE: And will dead lips to speak? - by Dreven - July 19, 2022, 12:03 PM
RE: And will dead lips to speak? - by Khasni - July 19, 2022, 12:12 PM
RE: And will dead lips to speak? - by Dreven - July 19, 2022, 12:29 PM
RE: And will dead lips to speak? - by Khasni - July 19, 2022, 10:41 PM
RE: And will dead lips to speak? - by Dreven - July 19, 2022, 10:51 PM
RE: And will dead lips to speak? - by Khasni - July 19, 2022, 11:03 PM
RE: And will dead lips to speak? - by Dreven - July 19, 2022, 11:12 PM
RE: And will dead lips to speak? - by Khasni - July 19, 2022, 11:32 PM