Phantom Hollow [MATURE] Sorrowful
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Her thoughts were so loud.
At first, she wasn't even seeing her friend when he stood in front of her, her amber gaze might've seemed like it was looking through him instead, but quickly as he began coming closer, she registered Ensio in full.
Sovereign's ears slanted as his own did, and she allowed him closer, felt his muzzle under her chin as he attempted potential comfort, using his voice.

Ensio's was somehow soothing...

She herself hadn't used her own voice in awhile, but now, she would. For him.
Slightly cracked, both from underuse and emotion, the teen would talk...

"I only distantly remember when we played with that coyote...the...innocence...that I had then..." She started, swallowing as she steadied herself.
"But I made a mess of things...I have killed, and nearly been killed in turn...and it followed me all the way home, until my mother took her own life to try and save us from my fuck-up...and then...home was no more." She uttered, voice breaking occasionally through the tale.
It was a vague expression of all that had happened before Ensio found her in The Heartwood, but an explanation all the same.
She felt the tightening of her chest as she tried to take a breath. 

It felt so hard to breathe and yet somehow it was as easy as it had always been...
Sovereign did not press to Ensio, even though she wanted to, out of fear that he was going to rip himself away after her words.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
Messages In This Thread
[MATURE] Sorrowful - by Sovereign - February 21, 2023, 12:50 PM
RE: [MATURE] Sorrowful - by Ensio - February 22, 2023, 10:14 PM
RE: [MATURE] Sorrowful - by Sovereign - February 23, 2023, 11:36 AM
RE: [MATURE] Sorrowful - by Ensio - February 26, 2023, 01:16 PM
RE: [MATURE] Sorrowful - by Sovereign - February 27, 2023, 05:54 PM
RE: [MATURE] Sorrowful - by Ensio - March 22, 2023, 11:50 AM
RE: [MATURE] Sorrowful - by Sovereign - March 22, 2023, 04:18 PM
RE: [MATURE] Sorrowful - by Ensio - March 23, 2023, 12:24 PM
RE: [MATURE] Sorrowful - by Sovereign - March 26, 2023, 01:54 PM