Duskfire Glacier So the lover must struggle for words.
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
<style type="text/css">.njal{margin:auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;font-size:13px; font-family: 'Fanwood Text', serif; color: #222;} .njal q {color:#CC3300; font-family: 'Fanwood Text', serif; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold;} .njal p {margin:0px;text-indent:20px;}</style>

He pulled her close, and she in turn became nestled against his forelegs, nuzzling up against the fur of his arm. How little she was - how young! And to be experiencing all of this. It wasn't right. Njal gingerly added a few kisses to the top of her head, carefully placed this time. He lightly rested his chin against her ruddy figure, feeling her body vibrate as she responded to him.

You were scared too, Daddy. It's alright. And just like that, Njal was forgiven. The ability for children to look beyond was utterly fascinating; there were so many doubts in the man's mind, many of which centered around Maera refusing him, even perhaps hating him for returning empty handed. But it was a hate that had turned inward; a hate that sprung from within himself for himself. Maera could never hate - she was too pure for that, still.

Maera, oh, Maera... Njal sighed and closed his eyes for a moment, soaking up the sunlight that rested across his back and the love, the attention, the warmth radiating from his daughter. I was scared. I am scared. For your brothers and sisters, for your mother... He did not wish to unload such things upon her shoulders, though. It was difficult to keep the conversation appropriate - light enough for the two Sveijarns that remained, so that they were not overwhelmed by mourning. We will find them. But I promise, for the next little while I'll be here with you.

Njal took a deep breath, tasting the past among the dust.

Messages In This Thread
So the lover must struggle for words. - by RIP Njal - November 04, 2014, 05:01 PM
RE: So the lover must struggle for words. - by Maera - November 06, 2014, 06:06 PM
RE: So the lover must struggle for words. - by RIP Njal - November 07, 2014, 01:15 PM
RE: So the lover must struggle for words. - by Maera - November 12, 2014, 07:24 PM
RE: So the lover must struggle for words. - by RIP Njal - November 12, 2014, 09:00 PM
RE: So the lover must struggle for words. - by Maera - November 15, 2014, 11:39 PM
RE: So the lover must struggle for words. - by RIP Njal - November 16, 2014, 02:47 PM
RE: So the lover must struggle for words. - by Maera - November 22, 2014, 10:17 PM
RE: So the lover must struggle for words. - by RIP Njal - December 02, 2014, 05:16 PM
RE: So the lover must struggle for words. - by Maera - December 03, 2014, 07:45 PM