Swiftcurrent Creek Only hate the road when you're missing home.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#000;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><b><FONT COLOR="#5a0b0b">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5a0c0c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#590d0d">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#580f0e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#56100f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#551110">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#541211">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#531311">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#521512">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#511613">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#501714">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4f1815"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4d1a16">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4c1b17">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4b1c18">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a1d19">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#491e1a"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#48201b">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#47211c">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#46221d">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#44231d">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#43241e">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#42261f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#412720">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#402821">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3f2922">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e2a23">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3c2c24">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3b2d25">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a2e26"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#392f27">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#383128">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#373228">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#363329"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#35342a">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#33352b">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#32372c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31382d">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#30382d">d</FONT></i></b></span></p>
53 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
I can't tell if this post got extremely weird, or deep. Or both, lol. xD

Gaze of pumpkin orange lingered upon her face, as softly as a gaze could linger, watching as her expression seemed to illuminate, Nefarious assumed, from his ability to believe in creatures of mythology. He believed in many things that others might consider mythology, though he would probably sacrifice anyone who called Sos and Atka mythological to Sos himself. How could something be mythical when he'd seen them with his own two eyes? Then again, Nefarious wasn't the kind of creature to spurn and slap a label of imaginary onto something simply because he hadn't ever seen it before. Perhaps that was because Atka and Sos had opened his mind to many impossibilities and gave him the courage he had needed as a child to accept them, and embrace voodoo and the weight of holding the knowledge to both save a life and end it. There were times, not often and fleeting when they did hit, that Nefarious wondered what kind of wolf...what kind of man he would be if Suluk hadn't found him and taken him in. He remembered nothing of his biological parents, nor of himself to the point of being hungry. Not even a name lingered.

“How do you know they're not real? They could be. Maybe somewhere else in the world. Or maybe they're just really small nowadays.” Faith was a delicate subject, and a touchy subject for some, but he figured if it was something she wanted to believe in then...why not? Reality was different to everyone. The Shaman had learned that reality was just a perception, an interpretation that could be manipulated, and as long as he or in this case she thought something was real then no one else could tell her with certainty that it wasn't. Nefarious could see Sos and Atka, hear them even, but to the others that couldn't ...they wouldn't believe obviously. It was sort of the same principle. It didn't always work like that, granted, but most of the time things were just psychological.

Figuring that he was already getting to deep, and likely prying in things he shouldn't the Shaman let it go, eager to move onto the next subject which happened to be about her mother's naming abilities, which Nefarious thought were quite exceptional. Parrthurnax left an opening for him to elaborate, Nefarious assumed, upon Suluk's own method of naming his children (adopted or otherwise). His older brother, Arux was named after a brother of Suluk's that had been sacrificed to Sos, which was easy enough, and a sister named after Suluk's guardian after his parents had left: Janelle Akna. No one had ever claimed that Suluk was overly creative, though it appeared that he had put the most thought into Nefarious' own name, which might have instigated some sort of favoritism despite that Nefarious had not been of the Kesuk's own blood. “My older brother is named after a deceased brother of our father, and my sister is named after my father's foster mother, and my given name is quite a literal interpretation of my particular skill sets, but my nickname stems pretty obviously from my behavior as a child.” Nefarious said with a small laugh. He didn't mean to be so elusive and enigmatic with the vagueness in which he presented her a response with but his name was something he had came to covet, intending to share only with close family. Mostly of Suluk's design to “keep him safe” from other followers of Atka and Sos. Or something like that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only hate the road when you're missing home. - by Nefarious - November 18, 2014, 07:44 AM