i'm fairly local, i've been around
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Located on the northern reaches of Dawnlark Plains!  Anyone who is familiar with the area will do.

Aesop was lost.

He wasn't sure where he went wrong, but he had a feeling he was too far North.  He had been traveling for nearly two nights now, sleeping beneath the heavy boughs of trees during the day and traveling with the stars.  As the earth rotated above him, he trotted across unfamiliar lands with only a name in mind for his goal.  Alastor had told him that he could find the Bypass via a forest aflame, but he had yet to find the forest in question.  The mountains fell away to his left as he went, but as he was traveling by night, it was easy to get lost.  In the time between the sunset and the appearance of the stars, it was quite easy to turn too far to one direction, as he had.  And when the sky was overcast, opening up into a light shower, it was nearly impossible to navigate.

So he was lost in unfamiliar lands, an open plain that provided little shelter from the rain.  He was wet, hungry, and miserable.  And, most importantly, very, very lost.  Slipping back into the old habit of muttering to himself was all too easily, and so as he picked his way across the darkening plain, he complained about his circumstances.

It was difficult to be too bitter about it, though, with so bright a light awaiting him.  Since their parting, Aesop had missed him, already looking forward to their next meeting.  It was more than just the excitement of learning something new.  More, even, than the nostalgia of reliving his past.  It was something more, something that he preferred to keep nameless.  Sometimes the mystery of a thing makes it all the sweeter. 
1/5[Image: caretaker.gif]0/5[Image: naturalist.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i'm fairly local, i've been around - by Aesop - March 19, 2015, 09:45 PM
RE: i'm fairly local, i've been around - by Tezcacoatl - March 21, 2015, 06:43 AM
RE: i'm fairly local, i've been around - by Aesop - March 23, 2015, 04:28 PM
RE: i'm fairly local, i've been around - by Tezcacoatl - March 23, 2015, 04:55 PM
RE: i'm fairly local, i've been around - by Aesop - March 29, 2015, 04:44 PM
RE: i'm fairly local, i've been around - by Tezcacoatl - March 29, 2015, 05:38 PM
RE: i'm fairly local, i've been around - by Aesop - May 07, 2015, 01:38 PM