Bearclaw Valley Can't stop me
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Sleep had become an enjoyable thing for the child, as behind his eyelids there would be numerous images playing and showing him things. It was nice, this action he grew to know was 'dreaming'. Even so, he knew he could not sleep forever, and had to actually experience things for himself. The realization that he hadn't gone adventuring yet dawned on him as he awoke from his light nap, and pushed the boy to stand up. Yawning, he stretched and gave a shake of his body, waking himself up entirely so he could head out. Glancing around, he was satisfied to find that no one was by the entrance, which was actually becoming a common thing. No one was there to stop him, and so he started forward and left the den.

The afternoon sun was warm against his light coat, and he closed his eyes for a moment simply to enjoy it. While doing so, he also gave a sniff to the air, searching for the scent of his father. It was faint, which told him the older Inuit had yet to return from his trip. He wondered when he'd be back, but had no way of asking. The boy didn't even know where the place was that the elder was going to, but he had said he wouldn't be long. Perhaps their perceptions of what was long and what wasn't were different, because to Xan it felt as if his father had been away for ages—which wasn't actually true. He'd only been away for a rather short period of time, but even that was too long. The young albino didn't know what Kove was doing, or why he'd needed to go visit some place. All he knew was that he wanted him back, or to have at least been allowed to go along with him. Next time, he would go for sure, and no one would prevent him from doing so. For now, however, he was stuck within the walls of the valley, under the watchful eyes of whoever.

Shaking his head, Xan forced himself not to think about such things for the time being. Instead, he focused his energy on walking forward, having opened his eyes and gotten a good look at the space around him. The child didn't yet know where he wanted to go, but he did know he didn't want to stay close to the den. The place still bugged him, after all. That gave him an idea, though. He'd find a new place to live for himself, and maybe his family, too. Yeah, that'd work! Having made the decision to do so, Xan started forward with a run, heading away from where his family currently resided. He didn't know it just yet, but he was actually heading in the direction of the maple woods. The colour of the leaves had caught his attention, even from a great distance away, and he was determined to reach it at any costs.

Maybe @Azaria or @Sonder could pop in? Or @Nanook for an attempt at brother-sister bonding? :D
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
12 Posts
Ooc —
The pack's valley was indeed beautiful, the rush of water filed like an army marching past her and the sound was similar, dissonant and soothing in the same moment. She'd been exploring around the valley, getting used to layout and memorising where key points resided. She'd discovered the local bear, and though she'd found the rocky entrance to the valley, it had taken many tries to ascend and descend its treacherous path safely.

Sonder was exploring through the underbrush, following the scents and trails of long gone creatures through the mottling leaves, each scent unique- some she recognised from the pack and other's yet unrecognisable. But her attention was diverted as she smelled something the wind, a tangible young-pup smell with a hint of curiousity. Scarlett had mentioned she had pups, right? This must be one of them. And there he was, scrambling through the grass on paws just too big and though she really had to told it in, even her heart melted at the sight.

The little pup resembled his mother, with ivory white fur and curious eyes as he looked around his surroundings. It was strange, having yet another albino wolf when Sonder herself had yet to meet more than two. But she shook the thoughts from her mind and trotted over, standing a few paces away. "Hey little adventurer, I'm Sonder. Whatcha doing out here?"

Would Xan be interested in a story or something while they explore? Sonder's going for Chronicler, so might be able to do two-in-one here. 
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I think he'd love to hear a story! :D Might also help him warm up to her, since he doesn't really like most strangers, aha.
Nov. 22, Edit; Added on an ending.

The child had been making progress. He'd successfully gotten a decent distance from the den, and was hopeful that the distance would be just enough to leave him exploring on his own. That thought died away, however, as he heard the sound of approaching steps. A single ear turned to better catch the sound, realizing it was too big to he one of the other children. That meant it was an adult, and what were adults wonderful at? Ruining his fun. He kept moving, determined to find a burrow he could hide out in, or just something that would be big enough for him, and too small for any adults. His movements stopped when he heard the voice sound from behind him, though, finding it to be unrecognizable. He turned, only to find that he had no idea who the woman was. She was pale, like his mother and father, and then her eyes... they were like his mother's! Not quite like his, though, which was to be expected. One genetic mutation was rare enough, but then two was almost unheard of. Chances are, he'd never run into another with eyes exactly like his own, but he didn't know that.

Both his ears perked up at her words, understanding them, but unsure whether or not he should answer. He'd been referred to as an 'adventurer', so maybe that meant the new albino wouldn't try to take him away from his adventure. Hoping that was the case, he set his gaze on her face, and then allowed himself to answer. "I'm Xan," he started, having learned it best to introduce himself right away. That meant the other would have more time to remember his name, and, for her own sake, never forget it. It wasn't like he was actually capable of doing any harm, but with his mind telling him he could be ferocious, he believed he could. "Exploring. I wanted to see that woods over there." All the while, his gaze stayed focused on her face, unwavering. The look Alexander held was neither friendly or especially hostile, but neutral instead. It leaned a bit towards a glare now and again, but for the most part, he was able to keep it consistent.

Little words were exchanged between the two albinos, causing the child to grow rather bored. He did not like being followed, feeling that the act of doing so pressed down on his personal bubble, risking entrance inside of it. That was something he absolutely couldn't stand when it came to his family, let alone strangers. Deciding he was done with the woman, he left without so much as a word of farewell, careful to watch where he was going. Xan made an extra effort to weave around trees and backtrack numerous times, wishing to ensure he would not be followed again. As a growing boy, he felt he deserved his privacy, and would go to great lengths to obtain it.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”