Blackfeather Woods Yes, I am the father of those Squealing Furry Patatoes
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
He was a father... An actual father. Surely he had been a 'father' before but now it was much more real. The pups he sired at Thorn Ledge weren't close to him, and he wasn't close to them. Sebastian was a perfect example to that. But he could be a father. He was a father for Damien, Cicero and Potema only they weren't biologically his. Not that it mattered. He was very proud on the two potatoes that joined their ranks. A boy and a girl. He wasn't sure if he liked the squealing potato-phase they were in now... maybe that was the reason he was sitting outside of the den. 

He wasn't going to let any pack members in but he wouldn't mind to talk to the curious ones. It would keep his mind busy instead of listening to the newborns. He already hunted for Meldresi today, and the border patrol he managed to give out to another pack member. Maybe he was growing old, since for once he liked taking a moment rest and laying down.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Jumping at a chance to have these two work out their differences, aha. If that’s possible~

There had been a shift to things, a strange vibe in the air. He recognized it, allowing the feeling in the pit of his stomach to drive his actions. There was something wrong, but also not wrong, though that made little sense. He felt the urge to check things out, to check on the queen, but refused to go empty handed—so to speak. As quickly as he could, the male tracked and killed a hare, grasping it firmly between his jaws before heading in the direction of the priestess’ den. The closer he got, the more prominent the scent of birth become. He was certain, then, that the woman's newest litter had entered the world. When he’d met her at the borders, he assumed it would be happening soon, but had never asked to confirm how far along she’d been at the time. No matter, it wasn’t of any concern now, considering the deed had been completed.

Kove had scented the tank, too, but that did not veer him from his path. He continued until he could see the den and its stone-like guard, stopping a decent length away. The Inuit recalled how he’d felt about others getting too close to his den after his own children had been born, and didn’t wish to ignite the same feeling in Burke. Dropping the hare, he offered a nod of greeting to the other, but kept silent for a few moments. The last time he’d seen the large man, they hadn’t exactly gotten off to a good start. Accusations had been made, and though the ghost had apologized for jumping without looking, it’d been obvious that hadn’t been enough. “Burke,” he greeted, vice low so as not to disturb those within the den. “Are they well?” Having been around during the Queen’s first litter, he couldn’t help but feel a growing interest towards the newest additions to Blackfeather.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Oh dear... XD

Burke didn't expect the wolf he least liked to show up, but naturally those were the ones to show their face at a very unwanted moment. He smelled the ghost first before he appeared. Luckily he stopped at a respectable distance otherwise Burke had just charged at him under the motto of him being to close to his newborns. instantly the male saw the hare as an insult. It was no secret that Burke could be a terribly hypocrite. If it had been anyone else he might even accepted the hare as a nice gift. The last time his so called brother managed to insult him on the deepest level and later he even failed his mission so badly Burke found the male wasn't worthy of the title. Especially with he new rules to get into the brotherhood. Kove would never have passed.

His lip trembled to bare his teeth, just barely keeping his lip down. Burke was really showing some hatred towards the male. It was only his promise to Meldresi that kept him in check. That worthless mutt of Kove that was Kove's son was running around here now. While he explicitly did not want that. He wanted his pups to get the prime not that Xan. "Of course they are well. We worship the Night Mother and she blessed us," he stated on a tone that he didn't believe that Kove was ever loyal to Sithis and Mephala. After all. He couldn't even lead a pack, let alone become a priest and a dark brother leader of his own pack that worshipped the Dread Father and Night mother. Burke kept his cold pale eyes on Kove, clear that he disliked the wolf before him. It was only because of Meldresi that he was here.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The ghost met the other’s gaze, taking in his features just as he did with nearly everyone. Nothing about the tank had changed, aside from, perhaps, the obvious hatred he now held. Kove didn’t blame him, he couldn’t. He’d become like a beacon for odium in the past few months. It wasn’t anything new, and though he tired of having to justify himself, he wouldn’t sit back without his side of the story being known. He meant to keep calm during the exchange, stoic and passive, but the tone directed towards him made it difficult. His muzzle twitched once or twice, and his eyes narrowed slightly, but he prevented his body from progressing any further. It was clear that the grey man no longer viewed him as being a Brother, but he knew himself to be one, and would not act out against a fellow member of the Brotherhood. He’d done that once against Crescendo, and though he’d won that battle, he wasn’t keen on partaking in such an act again. Especially not with Meldresi and her children resting nearby.

“Good to hear,” he commented, words genuine. It was nice knowing that the newborns were well, despite how Burke had said it. With that out of the way, he jumped to a new topic, something that he wished to know. “I heard there have been negative things said about me,” he started, seemingly lax in spite of what he’d said, and was about to say. “Your doing, I’m guessing?” Though he voiced it as a question, he felt he already had his answer. The anger he witnessed being directed towards him in the short time since he’d approached the beast was evidence enough to support his theory.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke kept his eyes on the male when he stated he heard bad things were said about him. Burke's stoic face was almost tempted to just break into a smirk. Yet his face stayed the same way. He really didn't feel like talking about this now because he knew what the male was doing. Kove wanted to confront him. "Yep, I did," he spoke without any remorse or regret. Because it was true after all and why lie about it. Kove was a piece of shit. Though it was more Scarlett he was annoyed about rather than Kove. The pale ghost was still annoying him though, especially because he was here before his own children were born and he was not going to have any competition with them. To him Xan was the lowest of the lowest. It would take a long time before Burke would even accept him as his own.

He wanted to tell Kove how much of a piece of shit he was but Burke decided that he didn't want to spend his energy on those words. They misused their pack and lately Burke was pretty sick and done with wolves that used his pack. Scarlett, Kove, Ayana. Kove just used an old and rotten Dark Brotherhood ticket to get in. One he didn't see as valid anymore but Meldresi did. Burke wanted Kove to go through the new system, at least then he would be worth to be back in the brotherhood. Now Burke couldn't care less if the man died or not. Frankly he would maybe enjoy watching the wolf before him get some non contagious flesh eating decease.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The male did not deny the accusation, and his tone was even absent of regret when he’d done the opposite and confirmed it. Having been expecting the answer given, his features were without surprise, demeanor unruffled. “Care to tell me exactly what you said?” Nemesis had only mentioned that things had been said, but never specified exactly what. At the time, he hadn’t been overly concerned about it, but now that he was standing before the man who had said such things, he was interested. “Tell me, Brother, how can I resolve whatever issues you have with me?” It seemed like far more than the mere aftermath of his accusation from so many months ago. A combination, perhaps, of everything that had happened then and after. His absence had effected more than what he’d thought it would back when he’d left Teekon, and he was still paying the price for his actions. Having fallen so low already, there was nowhere to go but up, and he was determined to work towards that.

“Whether you believe it or not, my loyalties lie here and only here,” the Inuit stated, keeping a steady gaze on the tank of a wolf. “I don’t know how I allowed for a wedge to be driven between us, but I’m willing to do what it takes to regain what friendship we once had.” The grey wolf had joined later than himself, and he hadn’t actually spent too much time around him, but he felt they had possessed a friendship at one point. They’d lived in the same territory, followed the rule of the same Dark Queen, hunted together, and more. They had been Brothers, linked through the Brotherhood, and Kove wanted that back. He’d left, yes. He had failed his mission due to having had his mind clouded, that was also true. At the end of the day, however, he’d come back. The ghost had returned to Teekon, and then to the dark forest that he belonged in. His legs had carried him home with his son in tow, and he was more than willing to do whatever it took to acquire what he’d lost.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke rolled his eyes clear visible for Kove to see. He didn't want to talk about it because it would probably create a discussion and frankly he wanted his peace and quiet. Not Kove being annoying little shit about something he said. He said a lot of things. Usually as a counselor he needed to resolve pack peace and quarrels but it was damn hard when one of the quarrels was his own. Burke almost wanted to turn and walk away with Kove trying to make things better. It would take awhile since Burke was going to turn around. Kove had been rather unlucky in his reappearance. Ayana being a traitor was something that was still deep inside of Burke. The female played him and he disliked to be played. Now Kove was just unlucky that Burke had to experience this since it made him distrustful towards basically anyone. 

"Work hard for the pack. I don't give a shit about words, you know that, I want to see deeds. You will probably be in the dog house for awhile. I am not going to lie about it. You scratched my trust in you and I am not very keen in rebuilding that trust. You might be part of the brotherhood but what you would do for the brotherhood never happened... Frankly we saw your mate or ex-mate more than we ever saw you. No messages. No howls. No visits. Nothing. Only you precious Scarlett when she needed something, like a healer or 'wanting to be tougher'. That was really a joke. We are not to be used. You and your whole family, in which I count your ex-mate too, misused Black Feather and so as unfair as it sounds I am going to hold you accounted to repay that dept. Then we can talk about calling each other brothers again. Frankly I also don't like that your son is here while my young are growing. I hope you realize that they will always have more right than your son will have until he might prove himself into something useful. He will need to prove him just the same. Better prepare him that he will get his share after my young are done feeding." Burke was very clear about that and it was better that the father would make his son know was would happen when Burke's children were starting to eat meat.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
cause I'm a little shieeeeet and  cameos are great
accurate gif of Akela :

[Image: tumblr_mw2wrtSKca1ruznbro1_250.gif]

Bringing the couple sustenance for the day, Akela had managed to catch two rabbits and was going to bring them to the cache near the den. He was not really engaging conversation with them , nor staying long. Why ? Cause he couldn't. It was just too much for his heart and soul to handle. He wasn't running from it, but preferred silence to words. As such, he approached quietly. He was in better spirits now than days before, but he stopped when he saw the two males, and  heard their voices. His alarms just went up. Did he want to deal , no, did he want to give damns, no.  He looked to his left, then right, blinked several times, and decided to back up, back up, back up backup , one leg after the other, careful to not make any noise. He was not going to get in between those two, may the heavens fall on him. The great spirit have mercy on the white wolf.  He would get the rabbits in another cache. Yep, great idea.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
While he thought the rolling of his eyes to be rather childish, the ghost did not voice his opinion. Relating one’s actions to such a word wasn’t the least bit respectful, usually, and he was there to mend things, not break them further. Mentally, he waved it off as if it’d never happened, giving his attention, instead, to what the tank had to say. “Then I will serve the pack, and the Brotherhood, just as I have in the past,” he stated, mind already set. Though the other had, more or less, mentioned his disinterest in the regaining of the trust that was once between them, that did not weaken the Inuit’s resolve. His people were beings of pride, of family and loyalty, and he would not dishonour that by acting in any other way. He’d accomplish what he planned to do, and that was final.

“Unfair?” he repeated, giving a shake of his head as the word left his maw. “It doesn’t sound that way at all. Though Scarlett will remain unrelated to me in every way from now on, I accept full responsibility for her actions, as well as my own.” He’d repeated his story over and over, getting out what he had to say, but never had he plan on forcing the blame onto someone else. It was his doing, all of it. Even though he’d had no say over what the albino had done, she’d been his responsibility at the time, and so he would pay for her ignorance. “I’ll patrol the borders and take on any task demanded of me until you think I’ve redeemed myself.” Kove had no problem with completing the necessary actions in order to acquire what he’d possessed in the past. Turning back the clock was an impossible feat, but climbing back up the levels one has fallen from was not. It was possible, and he would do whatever it took to accomplish that.

Kove had to refrain from glaring at Burke, then, when his son was brought up. He could understand his dislike of the child’s presence, but couldn’t help but feel protective of the kid. Xan was his child, after all, related through blood. It made sense for him to feel that way, though he could not let it show through. No matter what, he would protect the younger, but, unconsciously, he understood the need to make him understand the situation. “Alexander will prove himself, I can assure you of that,” he said then. “And he knows how packs work, so don’t worry about his actions.” He was an arrogant boy, enjoying the feeling that came with getting his way above nearly everything else, but he wasn’t stupid. Hardheaded and brash, maybe, but not some fool.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at Kove while he was blabbing away. Sure he was saying all these things but Burke wanted to see them rather then have him talk about it. "If you say so then I hope for the sake of your son's physical health that he knows how to behave," he stated, not caring that it sounded like a threat to his son. Kove would have to suck it up. "I guess we are done talking then. Sounds like you have a lot of things to do..," he spoke, clearly dismissing the other. The fact that Kove hadn't lashed out yet did show some promise but Burke wasn't letting it down by one time. He was going to test Kove over and over till he could see him as his brother again. Kove said he was going to work hard, well then he needed to see it. 

Burke was done talking to him. He realized he rather enjoyed the squealing over Kove's voice so that was saying something. Burke was very clear on the fact of what he liked and not liked. To go from a bad page in Burke's book to a good one took awhile, especially after most pack members who returned had an even worse loyalty record than before.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Hearing the threat, the man could not keep his gaze from narrowing. That was his son, his blood, and he’d allow no harm to befall the child. He managed to keep himself from growling at the grey male, though how he’d accomplished that would forever remain a mystery. As old fashion as it sounded, one’s child was similar to being a possession, or so Kove assumed. To hurt the kid would, surely, have consequences. Perhaps it was thoughts like that’d which allowed for him to not lash out at the tank right then and there—or maybe he just didn’t take his threat too seriously. Whichever the case, he kept himself visibly calm as the other got out the last of what he wished to say. Within his mind, his thoughts were whirlwind, the only clear thing being his conscious, his voice of reason. It also, most likely, contributed to his restraint against the temptation of responding to the threat.

Even if Burke had not dismissed him, the male would have left anyways. The threat had hit a serious nerve with him, leading him to believe that putting distance between himself and the new father would be the best option. With a curt nod of his head, the Inuit turned and headed off in the same direction from which he’d arrived. The hare was left behind, having been brought as a gift to his queen, though he doubted it would ever reach her. No matter, he’d have plenty of opportunities as time progressed. For the time being, he kept his legs moving, not sparing a single glance back in the direction of the grey wolf.