Moonspear this is the art of breaking
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled softly and studied her son. Had she once upon a time thought that this was all that would be left of the 7 children she bore. Never, not in a million years. But it was the fact that he and Floki were all that were left. Gunnar was gone, Mercury was gone, Gyda, Ragna, Kaylan all gone. And here stood Jorunn though now he went by Tev. She didn't quite know why the gods saw fit to torture her so, or maybe those that were here were the strongest. And though she did not bear him, she had Charon. A child she considered her own, even if he wasn't by blood. Just as Ragnar had taken in Gunnar, Mercury and Gyda as his own. She frowned truthfully she had lost most of even Julooke's brood. Perhaps she was not meant to be a mother? 

She shook her head and listened to him and she laughed. It is true that Northmen celebrate death. And why shouldn't they to go to the halls of Valhalla. I'll see your father again one day, and I will truly give him the what for, for leaving so soon. I tried to celebrate his life. But perhaps I am just too common. I was brought into the fold of the vikings, I was not born one.

Thistle smiled at his outrage and dipped her head. You could say that, but I do not think Charon saw it as thus. He was trying to save us, myself included. And though I disagree with how it was handled. And yes i feel slighted, i also know that he had the strength to do what needed done at the time, that i didn't have. Thistle frowned, it still rankled and yes she was still very hurt and even woefully angry that he had pushed her aside. However, what she said was truth. He did what she couldn't or perhaps wouldn't do. Maybe she had just wanted to die, as her husband and her other children. She would never know, for Charon had saved her in a way. Thistle smiled softly and spoke even quieter. I could not repeat what your father would have said. It is not fit for young ears. Though your father may have also moved on to another area, despite how it felt or how it thought about it. Because your father always did what was best for his pack and family. Oh Tev. I do not think many will settled in your birthplace. It is a harsh area now, much overgrown as nature takes it back. Perhaps when you are older you can claim it again in honor of your father. After all, all of you Charon included are princes of wolves.

Thistle frowned again and shook her head. it's okay. His next words caught her off guard, and she opened her mouth to answer and closed it again. She furrowed her brow unsure how to answer. Then she spoke quietly. Though I am loathe to admit it. The way he acts and how he does things, it falls on Amekaze now. It is her job to make sure he does what is best and just. I will always be here. I am his mother just as I am yours. And I can correct him and tell him that he is wrong. But it still comes down to it is his choices and his mistakes to make. And hopefully he will learn from them. And if there comes a time when we will have to deal with his choices or mistakes we will do so then. Only seers can tell the future my dear son, and I am not seer.
Messages In This Thread
this is the art of breaking - by Kjalarr - November 15, 2015, 08:46 AM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Thistle Cloud - November 15, 2015, 01:26 PM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Kjalarr - November 15, 2015, 01:49 PM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Thistle Cloud - November 15, 2015, 01:58 PM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Kjalarr - November 21, 2015, 07:47 AM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Thistle Cloud - December 05, 2015, 10:22 AM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Kjalarr - December 05, 2015, 11:37 AM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Thistle Cloud - December 08, 2015, 09:54 PM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Kjalarr - December 10, 2015, 05:05 PM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Thistle Cloud - December 10, 2015, 05:33 PM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Kjalarr - December 11, 2015, 04:20 PM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Thistle Cloud - December 20, 2015, 11:00 AM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Kjalarr - December 20, 2015, 11:22 AM
RE: this is the art of breaking - by Thistle Cloud - January 10, 2016, 06:43 PM