Swiftcurrent Creek a baby sleeps in all our bones [join]
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
@Lethe @Aethon
Gdit this tagging never works >:(

Jinx was bitter as she left Horizon Ridge behind; she believed it was doomed to fail under Akhlut's inexperience and youth. Though she was relieved to be going elsewhere, to a pack where she might find strength at last, where the leaders were not flaky and inaccessible, she was also nervous and reluctant. She went to Lecter, because she required the shaman in her life in one way or another. There was the matter of Lethe, and their bad blood, but it could be remedied; anything could be remedied, she had learned.

She and her young charge travelled north around the mountain, since Jinx did not trust Hawkeye's idiot guards to leave them be if they went across the flatlands. She didn't trust the haughty bitch to allow her passage, either, since she had set the demon Peregrine on her unprovoked weeks previously. Jinx's injuries were coming along better—her wound itched more than ached, and though her broken rib still made her wince and step gingerly, it was improving—but she was presently unwilling to sustain more. Ira was curious and questioning, displaying the spoiled attitude of the princeling she convinced him he was, and she obliged him only vaguely.

"The Alpha was weak, and cannot lead," she explained during their long walk. "Never bow to an incompetent king, princeling. They only leave destruction and anguish in their wake. Be an unforgiving king, and rule always iron-fisted. Akhlut was no such king, and no fit ruler." Ironically, she would have been no more fit than him if she had assumed command, which hadn't happened... But it didn't stop her from considering herself superior. Even Pied would have been superior to Akhlut.

They came upon Swiftcurrent Creek as the sun was setting, and Jinx paused far from the borders to howl balefully and reluctantly for the Alpha, whom she would bitterly appease. "Princeling, put on your best mask of humility," she instructed, laying herself on her favoured side carefully, ready for Lethe's wrath. "The bitch who leads these lands is no friend to me. Priiinceling, you will one day lead great legions, but at times you musssst yield or die, and it is better to live than die, that you may rise again." It was the opposite of a code of honour. It was better to live under any condtions than to foolishly die; at least when alive you could plot and scheme your way to the top.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><b><i><FONT COLOR="#f8f3dd">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#f3edd8">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ece7d2">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#e6e0cc">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dfdac6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#d9d3c0">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d3cdba">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ccc6b4">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c6c0ae">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bfb9a8">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b9b2a2">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b3ac9c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aca596"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a69f8f">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f9889">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#999283">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#938b7d">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c8477"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#867e71">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f776b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#797165">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#736a5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#6c6459">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#665d53">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5f574d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#595047">e</FONT></i></b></span></p>
150 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
When Jinx had came to him, beckoning him to follow her Ira had not, initially inquired about the situation whether it had been because he had been still in the tresses of slumber having not quite broken free of sleep’s firm grasp, or because he did not truly want to question his new guardian was unknown. Ira’s knowledge was vague as to what had spurred the abruptness of their leaving, and idly the insolent child believed that she would come to tell him eventually. Gathering the rabbit fur he had stolen from an abandoned den - which was all he had really come to possess in his short time in Horizon Ridge (thankfully) - he clutched his possession betwixt his jaws and hurried after Jinx, leaving the den with a permanence. The journey north was long - granted, not as long as his journey with Tark, yet still. The rabbit fur weighed Ira down but he was as determined as he was stubborn. He did not want a new fur to possess, he wanted the one he had found because it was his. Despite the fur that was damp with saliva and was beginning to leave a fuzzy taste in his mouth, he still managed to inquire as to where they were going, prodding Jinx unabashed with questions even if they were a bit muffled. Eventually, Ira figured out that transporting his possession would be easier if he balanced it on his back. It hindered his pace, but he was able to keep up with Jinx well enough, given this.

In truth, Ira was just glad that Jinx had not left him behind. He had not met many of Horizon Ridge’s members but the one (aside from Jinx) that he had met, he hadn’t liked very much.

Eventually, Jinx had began to explain her reasons for their departure from Horizon’s Ridge. Ira gave his guardian his rapt and undivided attention as they walked, seemingly hooked with awe (as he secretly often was) on her every word. "I can be that," Ira assured her, quick to please. "Unforgiving and rule iron-fisted, I mean." He added after a breath, not wanting her to mistaken his assurance to mean he could be a weak King. He would never be a weak King -- especially not with her as his mentor, Ira felt confident. For a while, the child fell silent contemplating Jinx’s words, wondering why no one challenged him then, if he was a weak ruler. Not that he was questioning Jinx’s judgment - in fact, he wholeheartedly believed her.

Ira stopped when she did, the scent markers of a pack assaulting his nostrils. It did not strike Ira as familiar, and after he shrugged his rabbit fur off his back, he gathered it close to him, standing over it possessively as if he feared some shadow creature materializing out of nowhere to come and snatch it from him. Ira turned his milky blue eyes to Jinx, usually so fierce, colored with his confusion as he watched her lower herself to her uninjured side, asking him to be respectful. Ira’s jaw dropped open in a brief bought of shock, unsure if he had heard her right. It was the first time he had ever heard Jinx not encourage his normal behavior. Quickly, the child closed his mouth, needle sharp teeth snapping together with a little click. Her request was followed by an explanation of some bitch that didn’t like Jinx (Ira got the feeling it was mutual). "Then why are we here?" He asked in hushed tones, meant only for Jinx’s ears. Of course, he would be complacent and would act modestly and respectfully in the strange alpha’s presence - but only because Jinx had asked him too. He would put on a convincing show, to prove that he could do it.

While Jinx’s words made sense to Ira, stroking his ego with her talk of legions under his command someday, but he shoved it aside, a spark of excitement rising within him at the prospect of putting on a performance Jinx could be proud of. "Don’t worry,” The Princeling purred in his Guardian’s ear. "I’ll charm her ass off." Charisma was something that he had naturally when he wasn’t being a snobby brat - something Ira was about to dabble with for the first time.

<font face="georgia"><i><FONT COLOR="#b0c4de">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#adbfdb">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a8b9d8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a4b4d4">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9faed1">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9ba8cd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#96a2ca">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#929dc6">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8d97c2">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8991bf">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#848bbb"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8085b8">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7b80b4">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#777ab1"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#7274ad">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e6eaa">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6968a6">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6563a2">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#605d9f">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5c579b"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#575198">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#534c94">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4e4691">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a408d">e</FONT></i></font>
29 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The borders had gained the attention of enough lone wolves that Lethe felt satisfied – the Creek grew at a pace that revealed sustainability, and the tawny she-wolf was content with just this. After all, her ambitions had only ever been to serve her deities and expand her knowledge of herbs and medicine. To reign over a land of her own and be respected was never something she had anticipated, but something she did greatly welcome. Swiftcurrent Creek sheltered a random group of ragtag wolves, from the blood drenched Lecter to the tiny spitfire, Fox. Whether these components were mesh able or not had yet to be seen, but it was not something she could not handle.

Her trail along the borders only offered a moment or two for the regal to linger – her nose dipping to pick up the scent of a loner who had simply turned away, while another stolen moment would reveal a rabbit had made its home here. Still, she was not to be swayed by curiosity or hunger, and yet it came to her – in a form she had not expected.

Jinx’ fresh scent was upon the wind, and the golden lady of the Creek bristled instinctively. Lethe held the parents of the younger wolf to her heart, but that would not pass to their entitled daughter. Already she could envision the wrath she would meet now – it was likely Jinx had caught wind the shaman was within her ranks and had come to demand him – state her previous accusations that Lethe was unworthy.

She had simpered before, but the fire within her chest would not allow her to do so now. Sos and Atka remained silent to her still, and with distrust heavy on her heart, the graceful dove loped forward at a brisker pace, her bright ocean eyes scornfully cast out to seek her nemesis.

Jinx would be revealed to her, though not in a stance she had expected. The female was held low – her body gracing the earth, and by her side, a youth no more than three months. Moving forward, Lethe’s own tail lifted high like a banner – waving proudly behind her as her eyes regarded the previous Mambo with nothing but stoicism. “What do you seek here, Jinx Kesuk, when you have your own borders to attend to?” She was a good journey away from home, knocking on the door of the woman she had scorned only weeks before.
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Ira's question was a good one; why would Jinx seek strength in an enemy? It was a question she herself had asked time and again, and yet she had still come here when it became clear Akhlut would not yield his pack to a more experienced leader and more present wolf. It was the nature of all canids to assume order when there was a void, and she had been next in line to assume command, even when her overbearing ambition wasn't brought into question. It was the nature of the wolf to follow a stronger wolf, or lead as the strongest... It was reason enough to leave Horizon Ridge, but it did nothing to explain coming here specifically.

That answer was clasped privately to her heart, sealed in the heat between her legs, where none but Lecter could discover it. She chose a different, albeit related, response: "I have friends here too, princeling. A grand shaman, and hisss daughter. They are bound to me and I to them, such that this Alpha's relationship with me is trivial. She will accept us." That last was most definitely a lie, for Jinx had no such confidence in Lethe... But she had curried favour via flattery before, and what little she knew of the buttery Shearwater herbalist was enough to tell her she could do so again, even if it was misplaced.

She grinned deviously when Ira (Aethon, as he preferred) claimed he would charm her ass off. Jinx had yet to meet with the honeyed tongue of the strange young child, dear to Sos and Atka though she hid their names from him, but some sixth sense told her he was probably right. If naught else, Lethe would take the boy... Though she had ignored the Gods' decree in Shearwater, if what Lecter had revealed was true, Lethe would not be so quick to ignore them a second time. "I am counting on you then, young stag," she revealed with a toothy grin. If Jinx could not slip her way past Lethe's ire, then it would be up to the boy to appeal for them; there was no shame in the Mambo regarding this arrangement. If a child won her her life, it was to her advantage, and his own.

Lethe was quick to arrive, and quicker to assert herself. She was reminded of their role reversal a few weeks prior, when she had stood stiff and tense before Lethe... But Jinx was not as insolent, at least not when her life was on the line, and would not raise her head in stubborn defiance. She let her cheek touch the snow instead, laying sidelong so that her belly was visible, but she was not wholly supine; she was submitting absolutely, but not fearfully. Perhaps Lethe would push the display, in which case the opportunistic Kesuk would likely oblige, but she did not initially want to. Always she would push the envelope in some way, even small ways.

Lethe's words brought to mind a lie that the Kesuk had completely forgotten about. Her forgetfulness was a wrench in her plans, and she bit her lip to keep from seething at her own negligence. She would have to proceed carefully... "My pack's rightful Alpha was Akhlut Nereides," she said, her tone drawn tight into some semblance of woe as she selectively left out the wolf's relation to her family. "But weeks passed and he grew scarce. I came to act as Alpha in his absence. The pack I treated as fairly and justly as if it were my own conception... I did my duty to save it when its wolves grew restless with their kings' absence. He lost his grip on his wolves and I sought his seat, that I could govern them and lead them as a true leader should, not inaccessibly as he did. Yet he returned suddenly, when a member became grievously injured, and was offended with my assuming his role. He would not relinquish the pack officially to me, despite my position as his second, who led where he failed."

Not a word of it was truly a lie, but all words were selected with care, that Lethe not detect her true design had been to outright take his rank and deem him unworthy... Best she make it sound like it had been for the good of the pack. In truth, it had been that, as well. "He was not worth following and would not acknowledge me as true Alpha, despite assuming his role when he was off by himself, where his wolves could not find him. I was there while he was not, yet he denounced me... Raised a half-dead wolf to higher status than myself, out of spite. I would not follow a wolf such as that any longer." Ira had yet to hear this account, but she didn't care; it could not harm him to know why Akhlut was no longer worth her service.

"Lecter has told me Atka has recognized you," she added at length, though she did not go further into what she thought that meant. Instead, she lifted her head just a fraction, seeking some nonthreatening spot on Lethe's face to look upon. "My shaman is dear to me,and I would not dare question his judgment. If Atka has truly chosen you for this, then I must obey, as I must trust in my Gods." Her gaze sought Ira, though it was painful to look that way, and she said, "This child is Aethon, prince of Red Keep. Sos and Atka revealed him to me in a Dream and I found him shortly after on my pack's borders. I believe They have plans for him, and I suspect he will one day be a very powerful ally."

A powerful ally, and swayed by Jinx's favour and whispered promises... A powerful weapon, perhaps, or bargaining chip. It mattered not but that her young puppet was quickly becoming a favoured subject, who no doubt would play a great role in her own future, if not Swiftcurrent Creek's.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><b><i><FONT COLOR="#f8f3dd">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#f3edd8">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ece7d2">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#e6e0cc">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dfdac6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#d9d3c0">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d3cdba">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ccc6b4">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c6c0ae">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bfb9a8">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b9b2a2">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b3ac9c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aca596"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a69f8f">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f9889">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#999283">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#938b7d">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c8477"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#867e71">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f776b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#797165">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#736a5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#6c6459">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#665d53">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5f574d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#595047">e</FONT></i></b></span></p>
150 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Despite the confidence in his own abilities that radiated off of Ira, he had never before pretended to be something he wasn’t. He had always been extremely straight forward in regards to his spoiled, insolent, perhaps narcissistic personality, having never really been taught that he was acting in any way other than what was right. Jinx informed him that she had friends in this place, a Shaman - Ira wondered briefly what exactly that was - and said Shaman’s daughter. "Hmm," The child offered the noise thoughtfully at her words, though he trusted Jinx’s confidence that this unknown Alpha would accept them. Though the same amount of trust could not be placed upon this unknown bitch -- as Jinx had called her (pretty much anything Jinx said Ira thought it was ok for him to say likewise) -- and likely would not, no matter how charming and cute of a role Ira could manage to play. Though he was confident enough in his own abilities, he couldn’t help but feel that it might be really strange to be an angel when he really was the devil. It would be excellent practice for the future, Ira did not doubt.

Jinx’s words of counting upon him caused a swell of pride to warm his chest, and Ira glimpsed at his guardian for a moment, milky blue irises with flecks of fierce crystalline near the dark abyss of his pupils studying her as he offered her a impish little grin. The sound of approaching of footfalls claimed the boy’s attention quickly, though, and as if someone had flipped off a light switch the impish grin he had shared and meant for Jinx was gone, replaced with a wide doe-eyed expression he had seen other children invoke. A major difference from Ira’s usual haughtiness as he assessed the honey colored female that approached discreetly. The honey colored woman wasted no time asserting her dominance and though Ira did not allow a slip of his true feelings betray him he did not, frankly, like the way the woman dared to look at his Mambo - not realizing that for the first time he was feeling protective over someone else. He stifled such feelings quickly before they could even remotely show, instead blinking down at his paws when Jinx began to speak, pleading their case.

For the most part Ira stood obediently, plopping down on his haunches after a while, tail caressing the earth as he gave it a half-hearted wag. As Jinx spoke, he just sort of sat there and looked cute, maintaining this even when she mentioned him, figuring that cute little children did not rudely interrupt. It took as much self restraint as the child had in his entire being to look at the ground sheepishly when Jinx spoke of him one day being a powerful ally when all he wanted to do was let his ego accept her words as truth. Humility Jinx had beckoned of him, and so humility Ira vowed he would pretend to know. The name Atka sounded strange to his ears and he did not think much of the name odd name because he had yet to associate ‘Atka’ as one of the Gods Jinx had spoken of. Jinx seemed to have finished speaking then and demurely Ira peeked up at Lethe, wondering if he should speak up or let the woman speak up first. "Puh-pwease dun turn us aways…" Ira blinked his widened eyes up at Lethe shyly, his tone pleading and childish, his lower lip trembling as if he were cold or fearful (and while he was a little cold he was not particularly fearful - though Lethe did not know that). In truth, Ira thought he sounded just like those pathetic children that seemed to melt the hearts of adults but Lethe’s reaction would be the ultimate judge of if he was succeeding in charming her or not.

And if not, he would have to attempt a different method other than appealing to her pity.

<font face="georgia"><i><FONT COLOR="#b0c4de">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#adbfdb">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a8b9d8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a4b4d4">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9faed1">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9ba8cd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#96a2ca">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#929dc6">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8d97c2">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8991bf">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#848bbb"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8085b8">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7b80b4">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#777ab1"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#7274ad">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e6eaa">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6968a6">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6563a2">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#605d9f">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5c579b"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#575198">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#534c94">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4e4691">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a408d">e</FONT></i></font>
29 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Lethe had assumed many things about the girl before her, yet the moment the ivory dove pressed herself closer to the earth in further submission was not one of them. The tawny female bristled at this – the action itself irritated her.. She had been perfectly content to have the Kesuk gone from her life the moment the pale woman had deemed her unloyal to the gods before chasing her out. Clearly, the young she-wolf desired something from her – and the Styx woman held nothing but mistrust.

This mistrust drifted further as the Kesuk admitted her lie – albeit in terms that attempted to further weave her web. Blinking her cerulean eyes, the regal cast the child a look of indifference, her lip pulling back to flash a fang at the misspoken begot who attempted to plea her. “If she is your charge than you will do better to represent her by moving past the speech of a baby,” she warned quietly before averting her attention back to the problem that lay before her: Jinx. Lethe had never let her own child speak in such a pathetic manner – Sotiria, despite her mother’s lustful reputation, had grown to be an intelligent female.

The Shaman was mentioned, and the female shifted her weight. Bristling now, her eyes studied the alabaster viper as she continued. According to the very soul before her – apparently touched by the gods themselves and ever their humble servant – Lethe was unworthy of their attentions. How quickly that had seemed to change. “If you served this pack so well, why did they not aid you in your time of need? Or follow you?” It was a simple question – and one that the she-wolf would demand to know the answer to.

The child was introduced, and the Creek wolf ignored this for now – he was of no importance to her. “If you are here because of the Shaman, summon him then. I am not his keeper – he can make his own decision and determine if he wishes to leave with you.” She would expect nothing less – Lecter would never be loyal to her.. in years past, he had barely tolerated her. The wolves of Shearwater Bay did not harbor sudden changes of the heart; Lethe had lived with them and had been close enough to them to know this.
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
When Aethon spoke his piece, Jinx nearly laughed aloud at his impression of a child. It reminded her of her sister, who had spoken with that childish lisp for much, much too long in their youth. She had once thought Kaskae had had a speech impediment, but it had changed nearly overnight, so it had outruled her theory. Lethe seemed less amused by the child's antics, for her words reprimanded him. The Mambo glanced at her little prince in wonder; if she knew the kid at all, he was not wont to take kindly to her warning.

Attention went back to her, and she pressed her head into the ground, sighing as her body settled. "They are fools," she grit out into the dirt, "but I do not know why they didn't follow. I did not summon them to do so... And none of those wolves would dispute my contribution. Any who say otherwise would be sorely mistaken." She paused, huffing softly, before adding, "the one who would have aided me most strongly got herself attacked by an orca." Little did Jinx know Pied actually would have completely opposed her rule.

Lethe suggested she call for the shaman, and Jinx's frustration mounted to a level it had yet to reach in her life... The buttery lead bitch was toying with her, that much she believed. "I am not here to take the shaman back," she said through her teeth, irritated that Lethe could assume anything but appeasement from her posture. "He has told me the Gods came to you. I... Was wrong about you." Lethe had not, it seemed, forsaken her Gods. Maybe all along she was taken from Shearwater to, in some way, aid the whelps who claimed it... It had never entered her mind. "But," she added, deadly quiet, "you scorned me. I was an Adept. Claim Kaskae was inept and unworthy and I will agree, but I was an Adept." She did not wish to drudge up this shit again... But at her core was an insecure girl who had been stung by someone's lack of faith in her, and this part was suddenly laid bare for Lethe to see, raw as could be.
150 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Ira had to admit that the childish words that poured like sickly sweet sugar through his lips was stretching the truth massively, both in reflection of Ira's person and that he actually cared if Lethe let them in or not. In truth, though Jinx's words made sense to him, Ira could not say that he would've been able to lower himself in submission as Jinx had. In many respects, to Ira, this simply meant that Jinx was astronomically stronger than he. The words taste like ashes in Ira's mouth, the shy look burning him from the inside as if he were a demon and pretending to be something he was not was the holy water. Maybe that charisma had yet to develop, or maybe pretending to be a baby when he was intellectually advanced was his ultimate downfall. Whatever exactly it had been did not matter. The fact remained the same; Lethe exposed to fang towards him, and chided him -- as if she had any right to do so. Indignation caused Ira to puff up, the silver lined fur along his spine ruffling at his obvious irritation her audacity. Milky blue eyes flashed to Jinx, wordlessly studying his guardian for a few seconds, trying to decide if he should keep his mouth shut or not. He wanted to tell the honey colored woman to 'bite me bitch' but knew that would be impulsive and would likely ruin whatever slim chances Jinx and him had to begin with.

Everything I do, I do for you, my Mambo, Ira thought before his gaze move back to Lethe, deciding that he could play a new angle.

"You're right," Ira allowed the woman in a soft tone, all childish pretences dropped suddenly. Adaptation was a useful weapon, besides being a part of instinctual nature. Possessive eyes flashed Jinx once more before they flickered back to Lethe. "What will it take?" Ira inquired, because everyone wanted something. Jinx and him sought a home (though the word was thought with an extreme hesitance) and a place within Lethe's ranks ... which begged the question, what did Lethe want from them in return?

29 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Jinx -- sprawled upon the ground before her -- still remained an impressive sight to the tawny woman, despite the subordination that emanated from her. It took a strong creature to remove pride from the equation, and silently, Lethe remained impressed by this. Less so by the youth -- and while he dared speak normally now, he only received a small pausing glance from the Alpha, disinterest clear upon her slender features before she reverted her attention back to the Kesuk woman. The child was only tolerated simply because of his companion, and instead, Lethe reverted her attention upon the ivory dove as she explained the situation.

Had mirth held a place within the conversation, the Styx lady would have questioned the orca attack further -- but it did not.

Lecter was dismissed from the conversation alost instantly, much to Lethe's surprise. Instead, it would seem the elderly wolf had spoken in almost praise regarding Lethe -- which was even more astounding. Yet Jinx insisted upon Lethe's abandonment of the pack, and while the she-wolf grit her teeth against the words once more, toying with the idea of claiming in two months, Lethe would place Aethon in rank above herself and she could reconsider the situation, instead, a small sigh escaped her lips as she gave a slight shake of her muzzle.

"You are still Adept," she noted, her eyes flashing as she studied the she-wolf. "No one here will argue that. For that, Swiftcurrent Creek welcomes you home, by your brethren." She allowed a small pause to stretch between them, and while they would never become friends, Lethe was not one to turn away what she considered family, even if not reciprocated.

With one final glance to the two, the she-wolf shifted her figure, sweeping away from them and allowing them to settle themselves within their new home.
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Just tacking on a quick 10th post to make this eligible for stuff.

She was ignorant to Lethe's innermost thoughts, but had Jinx known what she might have done to prove a point... Well, perhaps she would have stayed on the ground anyway. Ever a hypocrite was Jinx. She would not have accepted Aethon in a rank above her lest he had earned it, and even then it would be a bitter pill to swallow. Of course, Aethon was not the legacy of Koios and Nanuq, so to her, it would have been infinitely different.

Nevertheless, that design never came to light. Lethe acknowledged her as an Adept, pulling some gentle relief from her heart, and gave them admittance. With a sidelong glance at her young charge, as if to say you see, she pressed herself to her feet and slunk away into the pack land, eager to part ways from Lethe (for a time) and get herself and her young prince settled.