Sunset Valley I've always been distant and I've always told lies for love
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Okay, maybe one more before Charley jumps in ;P

He was not the same man she knew, both outside and in. It took a while for her eyes to light with recognition, but Reek could understand nor blame her for failing to initially recognize him: he had changed. Simply put, there was a roughness to him that had not been present during the unspoken year that he had shared with her and her brother. Then, he had been an upbeat and lively boy -- a child of brimming confidence (or at least a damn good facade of it). but his year in Teekons had not been kind; his face showed it.

For a moment, he was unable to speak. He had expected to never see any of the Pryors again after his departure, but here he was -- face to face with the face just like old times. "Oh my God. It's been so long Em," he practically babbled with an excitement that he hadn't felt for a while. "Where's Charley? Did he come with you?" he asked. The two had been practically inseparable... which sometimes proved difficult when Reek found himself sweet on the girl in the latter half of their scammer's sweep.

There was so much Reek wanted to know. Where had they been for so long? But, before he could ask, she was shooting off questions herself. "Life's been—" he awkwardly swallowed his breath. So, much had happened -- so much had changed -- he didn't even know where to begin... or if he even should. "it's been hard Em." He left it at that. "But, uh— I'm just trying to take it day by day right now. Live for my pack and all that jazz." His leadership gave him purpose, and without it, he would have probably followed through with his attempt to drown his sorrows in the lake.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I've always been distant and I've always told lies for love - by Reek - April 24, 2016, 10:46 PM