Redhawk Caldera A search for the weak- a call for the broken
I'm Free to be The Greatest here Tonight
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Private 
@Peregrine Trick wants to inform him that he'll be gone searching for Lucy for a few days :) I also just really like uncle P and Trick interacting set around a day after THIS thread.

The journey back was quiet, the wind blowing softly through his obsidian pelt that was as always spotless, clean and shining in the early morning sun. Two dead rabbits were clamped between his teeth- for he couldn't carry much more. It was not much, and the information he had gotten wasn't what he had hoped for. It had been a waste of time, but he supposed not everyone could be lucky all the time. He had not rested and had traveled all night under the light of a thousand stars- a beauty he could appreciate. When the sun began appearing, scaring off the shimmering lights of the Gods, he was almost home. Home... how weird how he already called it that. He had made friends there- even with Grace most certainly gone and Teagan having not showed up yet. He had his den there, his own little place, but he knew that if he wanted to find Lucy he'd have to leave it behind for a while.

Stumbling up the volcano's side, past the borders and into the bowl-like structure he went, his petite paws pained from traveling yet his courage not broken. He looked tired, yet with a determination of a thousand warriors shining brightly in his emerald green orbs. dried blood fancied his muzzle from the rabbits who he threw brought to the nearest stock. 

His jaws were stiff, but it felt good to finally close his mouth again after so long. However little information he had gotten; he wanted to tell Peregrine of his plan to search for Lucy- just so they wouldn't go around thinking he had left just like Grace. He was loyal, surprisingly, and winter was coming. He lifted his dirty muzzle up into the air, letting out a call for the one and only Peregrine.
·Wylie refers to himself as Trick. 
· Shakespearean, normal English and a pirate impression.
~Adopt Avalon!~
[Image: Caregiver_zpsbqqkmcip.gif] ~1~ [Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif] ~2~
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine was beginning to feel his age. Each morning, the weather cooled and he felt a new stiffness in his bones. It was nothing too terrible, just a reminder that he was moving past his prime and cruising toward his golden years. The thought sort of terrified him—he was approaching the end of his life, for goodness's sake—but when he thought back on all he'd been through and everything he'd accomplished, he kind of felt like he was due for a rest.

But he wasn't going to die anytime soon, at least not if he had anything to do with it. After stretching out the early morning stiffness in his joints, the Alpha began to trot downhill to begin a patrol. En route, however, a voice howled for him. He felt a bolt of annoyance but he turned to answer the call. He arrived perhaps five minutes later, a little out of breath and his muscles twitching faintly with exertion as his broad paws carried him to a stop a few feet from Trick.

"What is it?" he wondered, his tone a little clipped even as he eyed the Eta. Whatever attraction he had felt upon the man's initiation had faded into nothingness. He couldn't decide whether or not he was disappointed by that. But it allowed him a little more objectivity as he leveled his dead-eyed gaze on the other wolf.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He carried himself smaller than usual, tail wagging between his hind limbs and ears slightly lowered but in a friendly position. Everything he had to do was wait now- he was sure uncle P wouldn't leave him hanging. Only then did he realize that he could've gone looking for Perry himself. Oh well, it was too late for that now. Next time, he promised himself, he'd go looking- when he was more familiar with where everything was and where Perry would most likely be around that time.

When the alpha did come, a concerned look flashed over the trickster's face. It wasn't for long, reminding himself that he really shouldn't care too much, but the strange feeling stayed with him like a ghost. Uncle P looked a bit worked up, but that was none of his concerns right now. All he needed to do was make a garden, hunt for food and find Lucy. Finding Lucy was the most important right now- not for her, but for him. He bowed before his leader, tipping his head. It was a sign of greeting, a formal one, but tradition was tradition. 

I have hunted for your wolves and made my home near the water body- uncle P. He winked for a moment, his muzzle still lowered. I traveled beyond the Bramblepoint into a misty forest where I met a female- she's looking out for Lucy now too. I wanted to ask if it'd be alright for me to go looking for Lucy for a few days. He was straight to the point but his tone was calm. Hopeful green eyes looked up at his leader, silently asking to reconsider if he was not okay with it. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
For a beat, the nickname perplexed him. But then he remembered that day with Trick and Lagan and it all came back to him. He snorted softly. Peregrine said nothing, listening carefully to the information being given to him. His heart skipped a beat when Trick mentioned Lucy. Unfortunately, there was no solid leads but by the sound of it, they had two extra helpers: Trick and this mysterious lady from Bramblepoint.

Beggars couldn't be choosers, he knew, but he couldn't help but wonder, "Who is this 'female'? Can we trust her?" He paused, then added, "Of course I don't mind if you lend a hand. I appreciate it, Trick."
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
She didn't give me a name- Said it was for privacy reasons. He said honestly. He could've told a lie here, but insisted on being truthful with his leaders. Was it wrong of me to tell her about Lucy? He asked carefully. His heart almost skipped a beat when he thought about it. What if the woman was some sort of criminal. She certainly looked like someone you'd throw a rabbit at for a ride on her back- but that was besides the point. She had looked genuinely concerned when he had told her and was now looking out for both Lucy and her kidnapper.

Thank you, Perry. I'll make sure to work double as hard when I return. He said with a respectful nod. Did Lagan see which direction the criminal was headed?
~Adopt Avalon!~
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
That struck Peregrine as odd, though he didn't comment. He considered Trick's question. Lucy was already in the hands of a madman, so was telling others about her case going to do her any more harm? Probably not. The more eyeballs out there, the better. So what if other wolves now knew and saw it as a weakness of the caldera's. The Alpha didn't give a shit about how they looked to outsiders.

"No, it wasn't wrong," he said simply, then shook his head. "If Lagan shared that detail, I don't remember it. I doubt it matters at this point. They could have gone anywhere." As he said this, he felt a flicker of hopelessness in the pit of his stomach. Lucy and her captor could literally be anywhere at this point.

The Alpha fell silent for several pensive beats, then said randomly, "A few years ago, my daughter, Junior, was thought lost to the river near where we lived. But she turned up a few weeks later. Someone else had seen her in danger and taken her in, cared for her." Peregrine thought fondly of Ragnar et al. "I'm hoping the same thing happened to Lucy. That someone intercepted her. That she's safe, just somewhere else."
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
A small smile painted the black man's muzzle. A huge weight lifted itself from his shoulders with Perry's words. He hadn't thought the absence of Lucy was a secret, and was glad to hear he had not fucked up. But, to be honest- it was greatly out of character for him to fuck up. He knew he might've jinxed himself with that thought. He took note of the hopelessness undertones his leader's voice had as he voiced his thoughts. If he were not against physical contact at the moment he would've hugged uncle P- but he doubted it would go appreciated. We'll find her- the feeling in my gut tells me. I can't promise anything though...

When their conversation seemed like it had ended, Trick wanted to say his farewells and go on his trip- but just as he was about to do so Perry talked. His ears twitched. The Caldera sure had their fair share of kidnappings and lost children. At this point we can only hope for the best and look for her. He said with a sad sigh. He wondered though who this "Junior" was, and where she was now, but didn't dare ask.
~Adopt Avalon!~
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The Alpha male pulled a little bit of a face at Trick's contradicting statements but held his tongue. He appreciated the man's help. On that note, he said something further on the subject and Peregrine couldn't help himself. "Trick, you should save the platitudes," he said not unkindly. "Your actions are much more appreciated," he was sure to add so as not to offend him. The flowery words just felt so empty.

There wasn't much else to say, so Peregrine gave Trick a nod of gratitude and approval, then shifted his jade gaze elsewhere along the horizon. It was time to head out on that patrol, he thought, and began to move.

Feel free to conclude and/or archive!
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
A low laugh left the trickster's throat. He had never been good at comforting others with words. He was cliche when it came to drama and long speeches- much like wolves he had met on his travels. He wasn't offended. Sorry. He giggled in a bass-tone, than bowed once more as Perry made his leave.

When uncle P was out of sight, he turned to seek some herbs to eat for the time he was going to spend on his search. It didn't take him long, and soon he was off- to the bramblepoint he'd go first.
~Adopt Avalon!~