Stavanger Bay i have an instinct that can never be reversed
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
In truth Arturo found that he struggled a bit on how to handle shy children. His own children had not been shy — not with other wolves and certainly never with him. Thus, the gangster deduced to keep up a light conversation, making sure to soften his tone, to make it encouraging but not overbearingly so. He understood that it was important to give them the option to decide their own boundaries of comfort, to allow them the escape to bow if he was too prying. He did not think his inquiry for her name in return was too prying — he kept the conversation simple: normal things that strangers indulged to one another. A part of him thought that Doe and Szymon should work to socialize the girl more. Not push to the point that they caused her anxiety but he did not pretend to be a perfect parent (for his kids would tell him that he wasn't) and it was something they would have to figure out for themselves. After all, each child was unique and they required their own parenting techniques. The trick was figuring it out and striking a balance. His own first litter had been a lot of trial and error and plenty of mistakes were made.

Arturo could only hope his future litter(s) would prove to be a little easier for him now that he would not be stumbling through the dark. He watched as a small, teeth exposing smile drew across the girl's maw and the gangster felt his heart warm, especially when she drew nearer slowly, a few inches at a time. He let her come as near as she was comfortable, keeping to his statue esque pose, determined not to move, not wanting to halt their progress or startle her away. To his surprise, she offered him her name in surprise, even going so far as to offer him a slowed pronunciation of it, as he'd done for her. “Key-lack,” He repeated the pronunciation slowly, studying her face for confirmation that he had the correct syllables. “Qilaq.” He put the syllables together, sure that his accent put a slight lilt on her name, regardless. “It's a good name.” He complimented her with a sage nod of affirmation of his own words.

If it had a deeper meaning it went unknown to the gangster who did not recognize the language it came from.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i have an instinct that can never be reversed - by Arturo - September 11, 2016, 06:13 AM
RE: i have an instinct that can never be reversed - by Qilaq - September 17, 2016, 08:20 PM
RE: i have an instinct that can never be reversed - by Arturo - September 18, 2016, 06:51 AM
RE: i have an instinct that can never be reversed - by Qilaq - September 18, 2016, 08:06 PM
RE: i have an instinct that can never be reversed - by Arturo - September 19, 2016, 01:27 PM
RE: i have an instinct that can never be reversed - by Arturo - October 22, 2016, 07:18 AM