Jade Fern Grove your vag like grandpa's cabbage
desperado
118 Posts
Ooc — kae
All Welcome 
I'm assuming the other two are with him. Tagged Kessa in case you're interested!

This group of his had grown. First one, then two, then three wolves that he felt were under his care. The first thing he felt he owed them was a home, and so it was with great joy that he led them beneath the boughs of the grove. He had found it in his ranging and found it to be the perfect place to live. Its scattered canopy was held aloft by slim, towering trees, and through the leaves the light rained down upon the fern-covered floor. The leafy ferns played along his sides and chest as he pushed through them, sometimes leaping to get clearance over them.

At last they came to the greatest of streams that wound through the grove. A willow drooped over the shallow brook, its fronds sweeping gently in the breeze. He turned to @Ocra and @Xan (and possibly @Kessa ) and beamed. What do you think? Winter comes, and I thought we could spend it here, he said, almost sheepish now. He would make this place a home for them, if that was what they wished.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Xan had followed the pair, though he knew that the time to turn back and relay his message to Blackfeather was fast approaching. He'd not just abandon his family, he'd tell them that he was leaving, he just hadn't done so yet. Rather, he'd trailed along in the opposite direction, the region only vaguely familiar to him. When he'd passed by the valley, it had stuck out to him, but the boy hadn't stopped back then to explore it; he hadn't wanted to be left behind, nor did he think himself ready to enter the territory. The boy had just moved right on ahead with the others, quiet for the majority of the travel, save for whenever he might have been spoken to.

When a territory he hadn't even known to exist was crossed into, he'd started to lag behind, gazing at his surroundings. Always had he caught back up before the group had gotten too far ahead of him, but he'd been relieved once they, too, had decided to stop. It gave him another chance to take in all the made up the space around him, which was exactly what he'd done. "It's nice," he'd commented with a shrug, not knowing what else to say. It wasn't like either of the homes that he'd ever known, and so he wasn't entirely sure what to make of it just yet.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
10 Posts
Ooc —
Kessa had followed, without many inhibitions. The thought that she might end up somewhere worse than the Ghiscari Graces never entered her mind. She was subconsciously relieved to have someone to follow, happy to have something to give her a sense of purpose.

The other two were nice, though she didn't speak to them. Perhaps they would put the pieces together themselves and realize she could not hear them. 

Seeing the question leave Sriracha's lips, Kessa nodded exaggeratedly. The coywolf wandered amongst the area, sniffing at interesting spots as she passed.
170 Posts
Ooc —
The travel hadn't been great on Ocra. Since she'd managed to make the damage worse, she more or less hobbled the whole way. She took frequent stops, when she had to, and occasionally took something for pain and inflammation (when she could find it) but as the neared a promising place with shelter and thick foliage, she couldn't be more thankful. They could rest for a while and she could send Xan on an expedition for herbs or bark that she might need but for the moment, she simply savored the relief. 

She kept close to Sriracha, for the most part. There was some possessiveness at having found (or being found, if he were to tell the story) him first. Nor did she like much that Xan had tagged along and her opinion on the other female hadn't fully formed. She supposed that would change in time but all she could focus on was stopping and resting the burning ache in her shoulder.
desperado
118 Posts
Ooc — kae
Sriracha watched them take in the grove with the same kind of nervous expectation one watches a loved one open a present. That's what it felt like to him, a present to wolves that had placed their trust in him to some extent. Here they could take shelter, and Ocra's leg could heal. He could learn more about all of them, find their strengths, find their interests. Each was a plant in his garden, each had to be carefully tended and well loved until they reached their full potential. He looked upon them with great affection.

Their reactions ranged. Ocra kept to sullen silence, Kessa nodded enthusiastically, and Xan? Xan was still a bit of a mystery to him, but a mystery Sriracha was interested in solving. He watched Kessa explore for a moment before drawing up to Ocra's side. He would offer her physical support until she found somewhere to rest. And once she was settled he turned to Xan and Kessa. We should claim this area, he said, coming to the decision as he said it. Not the entire forest, but enough for us to live in. Y'know, let other wolves know we're living here. Sriracha made sure that Kessa could see his face and read his lips.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The most recent addition to the group was someone that Xan didn't know what to think of. He hadn't heard her speak once, nor had he attempted to strike up a conversation with her during their trek. For the most part, he'd ignored her, focusing on the other two and where they were going. He hadn't wanted to be left behind for several reasons, the most prominent being his lack of knowledge regarding the region. If he would have lost the group at any point, then, surely, he would have ended up entirely lost. There was a chance that he'd be able to find his way to Bearclaw, at least, but he hadn't wanted to think in that direction; that he hadn't been made to, either, was realized as he'd settled down after having glanced around at their surroundings.

Xan had noticed the closeness between the other male and Ocra, but hadn't been bothered by it. He wasn't fond of being touched or having his personal space invaded—especially now—and so he'd actually preferred it that she'd kept away from him. Her reasoning was, of course, lost on him, but he didn't believe it to matter enough to investigate or nag at her for an answer. He was content for now, keeping primarily to himself. In spite of that, he'd ended up creeping just a bit closer as Sriracha had started to speak, curious of his idea. "What if others try to get rid of us?" he'd asked after a moment of thought. The boy was a mercenary by trade, but he wasn't entirely sure if he was prepared to fight for those that he hardly knew, should it come to that.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Kessa glanced up from the beetle she was watching scuttle across the ground, sensing movement towards her and the other male, Xan. 

Her eyes flicked between the two, watching the conversation with silent interest. 

"Run," she gestured at Ocra, the injured female. They wouldn't be able to fight off a large group with Ocra to worry about, nor could three wolves fight off a pack if they really wanted this area.
170 Posts
Ooc —
There was a long moment Ocra was silent, listening to Sriracha and the following concerns. For one night, there would be little trouble, and after they can scout for others nearby. The way they'd came had been no indication that others lived near them but the rest of their surroundings were unknown to all of them. She turned to the Spanish male as he moved close, feeling the bristle of fur against her shoulder and there was an ounce of relaxation with him even closer. She even went as far as to lean on him, wishing to rest her head for a while and sleep, but for the moment she kept upright and focused. 

The female, however, gave a suggestion but directed it at her. The reasoning behind it, she couldn't tell. Was she suggestion they leave her behind? To run when she could not? She could, to an extent? but her speed was far from up to par and only deadweight. Neither male, however, had anything similar. 

"For one night, we will be safe," she said as her eyes narrowed upon Kessa. Something didn't sit well but Ocra didn't linger on it long before she looked to the other two. "Tomorrow, we can search for claims that might nearby that could be a threat. If there is no one, then this will become ours." 

Even though she was injured did not mean she was dumb, nor did it make her incapable of contributing. She wouldn't be overlooked just because she had an injured shoulder, something that would heal in due time. Ocra sighed, feeling herself waver enough and she slowly puts her rear on the ground in an attempt that the others might not see the pain through her expression. The only slip she allowed was looking toward Xan in hope he might notice and retrieve more willow bark for the pain.
desperado
118 Posts
Ooc — kae
Ocra's weight against him galvanized him and strengthened his confidence. They were looking to him to lead them well, and though others would look upon the role with anxiety, he looked upon it as a challenge he was more than ready to face. First he thought of Ocra, who needed rest and safety while she recovered. To do that he needed to make sure this place was safe and that Xan could get the bark that she needed.

It was Xan that brought up the first concern. For a moment Sriracha listened, letting them each let their thoughts be heard before he spoke. We will not run, we won't need to. If this is where we want to stay, he paused here, both for effect and to give them an opportunity to disagree. If this is where we want to stay, then I will make it safe for us. I will go to each pack whose claim is near and I will meet with their leaders. It would take many days. Each day he would set out in a different direction until he was far enough that no pack could argue their right to this land. 

Xan, I will leave you with Ocra and Kessa, he said. I would ask you to take care of her, at least while she's this bad. Next he addressed Kessa. Kessa, would you scout within these woods? I want to know what prey lives here, and anything else that you see that is worth while. To all of them, he smiled. I think we can make something here, maybe even something great. His mind raced with possibilities.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The first to respond to his comment had been the dark female, allowing for her voice to be heard at last. It was towards her that he'd looked, expression skeptical. Along with the word there'd been a gesture, and towards Ocra it had been directed. At first, he'd wondered if she'd meant for them to all run and leave the other woman behind to buy themselves some more time, which was a notion that he couldn't even consider accepting. Shortly after, however, he'd realized that that couldn't have been the case. Having been a pack wolf for nearly his entire life thus far—as well as due to his becoming a mercenary—his mind had been able to work the vocable over in a different way. They would all run, for a group as small as their own could not stand up against a well-established pack. To stay and fight would result in death, he was sure, and so the answer was accepted for the time being.

It was towards Ocra his attention was pulled next, nodding towards her words. Surely a single night would be fine, but he still felt cautious. Never had he heard tales of packs similar to Blackfeather within other regions of Teekon, yet, the thought that one might exist had entered his mind anyways. Back to the present had he been dragged when pain was caught in the other's expression, recognizing almost immediately that it was time for him to retrieve more bark for her. Again, a nod was sent her way, though it was quicker than the last and short-lived, discreet in a way that might allow for it to go unnoticed by the rest of the group. It was not right away that the boy had departed, though, having found a reason to stay for a moment or so longer as Sriracha spoke. The first suggestion had been to run, but it seemed as if the man had another idea in mind. To each claimed territory within the area he would travel, making good with the leaders so that they'd have no reason to rid the world of the group. It seemed like a good idea, in theory, but he wondered if the leaders might be willing to listen.

Addressed directly, Xan gave his attention and listened to what was being said. Whilst Sriracha's journey would lead him away, the Inuit would be made to stay there with the females and look out for the injured one. "I'll keep an eye on her when you're away," he'd said, looking between the two. Should nothing more be said to him, Alexander would then excuse himself in order to begin collecting bark from the nearby willow—it was a task that he didn't like at all, but completed anyways so that he could possibly fix his mistake. Only after having stripped several pieces away had he then become attentive once more, having returned to the group and offered the bark to Ocra, settling near to her side in the process.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Kessa could see that her suggestion wasn't welcome, read the discomfort in Ocra's body language. The deaf femme licked her lips nervously, though no rebuttal came. 

She didn't particularly care if the other two didn't like her. At the very least Xan seemed indifferent and Ocra seemed suspicious of her. That didn't matter, Kessa wasn't there for them. Her suggestion to run hadn't helped matters but there was no shame in running from a fight. It was how she had survived anyways. 

The coywolf's attention was recaptured by Sriracha as he spoke once again, addressing her this time. She gave another exaggerated nod and a croak of affirmation. Were nothing else to be said, she too would disappear into the woods to explore.
170 Posts
Ooc —
Sriracha had a way about him that she trusted, even if she didn't necessarily agree. He had a good head on his shoulders, or she liked to think, but the two other wolves with them left her a lot to question. He spoke of his plans for the next day, giving Xan instructions to watch them, and she couldn't help the roll of her eyes. She did her best to keep them away from the masked wolf and hobbled a little off to the side. 

With nothing more to say on the matter, she lowered herself carefully to the ground to better keep some of the pressure off her shoulder.
desperado
118 Posts
Ooc — kae
To Sriracha's great surprise, none of them objected to being given orders. His heart flooded with affection for them, the rag tag little band of misfits. They were looking to him, and he vowed then and there not to let them down. It almost hurt to leave them, but he would do what he had to to protect these wolves. They were too small to pose a great threat to any surrounding packs, but that id not mean he felt comfortable staking claim without making others aware.

He watched Kessa, then Xan (who returned shortly) set off. Sriracha drew up next to Ocra, nudging her gently, affectionately. I won't be gone long, he promised. And with that he, too, embarked on his self-assigned mission.